Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellas,

Long time since I've been on a bike. I no longer live in NYC, I currently live in Athens, Greece. I was going to pick up a brand new bike but I don't have the coin. With that said, I came across two K9s both in black that I like. Both have some mods done to them but one has 24k km and the other has 39k km.

I think if I post direct links to the ads I'll be breaking the rules so I'll just copy and paste some of the info and maybe you guys can help me better decide.

Both are listed at about 7500 euros and have mods on. One has the stock exhaust and I'll most certainly be removing it if I go that way. Not sure what all the Brembo stuff on the one is worth or how much a full Brooks system costs....or the value placed on the cast wheels.

I attached some pics, the one with the plate bracket is "A".

Let's call them bike A and B.

A:
24k km
Cast wheels
Radial pump of Brembo RCS 19
Brake lever Brembo
High pressure hoses of Venhill
Visor tinted hue of Zero Gravity formula SR

B:
38k km
Broocks OVERALL (guessing it means a full Brooks exhaust)
Quick shifter and program Proimadi

I might be able to get "B" for a little less because of the miles it has on. Not sure if "A" will budge. Howerver, "A" will offer me a year warranty. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. I've been out of the bike scene for many years, came from an R1 to 2 Gixxers. Thanks guys!!

DH

Attachments

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,860 Posts
Neither bike is worth even remotely close to 7,500 Euros. They should be around 5,000-5,500. 6,000 if it's a very nice bike. Greece's prices are way too expensive.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neither bike is worth even remotely close to 7,500 Euros. They should be around 5,000-5,500. 6,000 if it's a very nice bike. Greece's prices are way too expensive.
I agree with you 10000%. However, I kinda have to make do with what's here. If not, I'll be peddling around is a scooter and that's not going to work well for me.

I didn't think the difference was so extreme over here, but it is. With that said, I refuse to drop over 20,000 euros on a new bike here. Figured I would spend up to about 7000. And with that said, I can just barely get a K9. For about 1000 less, I can find myself a K7/K8 with a few more bells and whistles. Need to get one kinda fast as I am on the edge of going insane with my commute to work with a car. Greek traffic is nuts, like the prices of the bikes here. :hammer

DH

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Get the K7/8 instead....

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get the K7/8 instead....
I thought about doing that, but the only reason I am leaning more towards the K9 was because I had 2 K7/8s in the past and many have told me that there is a nice improvement to the K9.

The one K9 I am looking at now has some aftermarket cast wheels and some Brembo mods....as well as some other carbon fiber and cosmetic mods. Just not sure what all that is worth. I do like the bigger dashboard cluster on the K9...

DH

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,714 Posts
The RCS 19 is inappropriate for the K9. It should have been an RCS 17.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The RCS 19 is inappropriate for the K9. It should have been an RCS 17.
Thanks for the tip! I think I'm going to go with the other one (A) with the full ti Brock's system. Can't wait to get back on a Gixxer! :laugh:

DH

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,714 Posts
Bike "A" also has an aftermarket clutch lever.

T.R.E ought to have a feel for Greek prices. But he hasn't been here in a while.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is that a folding license plate bracket on the first one?
Yep, at least he said it was...I didn't try it out. Took it for a quick spin, sounded mean and had a nice grunt. I'll be more than happy with it....just needs a few minor bells and whistles. :thumbup

DH

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Got her last week and it feels great to be on a bike again! Took a 4 hour ride to the north of Greece with her....had a blast! She's at the doc getting some minor cosmetic work done as well as an alarm installed.

DH

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Congrats :cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts