Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased this Gixxer from a soldier at Fort Bragg NC.It was a road racing bike ran
on a course in Pennylvania.Im putting it back on the street and have received much help on my wiring problem from this club.My next question is can I install a turbo on this bike and if so will the bike heat up really bad since it is an oil cooled bike.And how much does this cost.Please give me a horsepower estimate before and after installation.Mods are port-polished head,jets,dyna 200-ohm coils,[email protected], and the exaust is extreemly large on this bike.The backside of lower fairings where the header goes 4 into 1 has had to be notched out so the fairings will flange to the engine properly.They look like they are 1 3/4 inch off each head port outside to outside of the tubing and its ceramic coated.Im hoping for the best.ThanxChris

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ITs now in limbo as Im trying to get it re-wired.Just as soon as its almost together i
will be more than happy to post my pictures.I will have to go to my friends and have him scan them in for you.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by Blazen 750:
I recently purchased this Gixxer from a soldier at Fort Bragg NC.It was a road racing bike ran
on a course in Pennylvania.Im putting it back on the street and have received much help on my wiring problem from this club.My next question is can I install a turbo on this bike and if so will the bike heat up really bad since it is an oil cooled bike.And how much does this cost.Please give me a horsepower estimate before and after installation.Mods are port-polished head,jets,dyna 200-ohm coils,[email protected], and the exaust is extreemly large on this bike.The backside of lower fairings where the header goes 4 into 1 has had to be notched out so the fairings will flange to the engine properly.They look like they are 1 3/4 inch off each head port outside to outside of the tubing and its ceramic coated.Im hoping for the best.ThanxChris
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You'd be better off going to an 1127 conversion rather than a turbo.

·
Registered
461 Posts
your bike is probably making close to 100hp at the wheel stock.
with a turbo you should get a reliable/rideable 150hp for about $3-5,000US.
for about $1000US you should be able to find an 1127 and have 130hp, that will run like it was assembled at a factory(it was).

turbo is a waste of time on a 750. get a B12, 1127 or 1052, and have fun.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
1127...........there is no other choice

Andy

·
Registered
360 Posts
Spend the money build the 750. Don't listen to thoes big cc people. Go with the I can do anything you can do outlook what do they know. Just kidding, Money is better spent on a new motor (ouch) it hurts to say that. And if another 750 ever beats me (here), I'd have to spend more money. g/f won't like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts