Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i got a gixxer 600cc brite yellow of course and i can get 148mph out of it with a passenger on it. on my own i can get 160mph! tell me what ur top speed is ??

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
how long did it take to get to 173?? i was stopped by a up coming hairpin corner!
fucked if i know.. it started at the top of 3rd and just rowed through.. had about 2k left on the tach (still pulling ever so slightly) and shut down as there was an upcoming crest in the road,, this road is a dead str8 for a few miles. i passed a couple guys going the other way somewhere in 6th

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
hey i got a gixxer 600cc brite yellow of course and i can get 148mph out of it with a passenger on it. on my own i can get 160mph! tell me what ur top speed is ??
Well.....might as well be the 1st one to tell you.....you're a fucking tool for doing 148mph with a passenger. Putting your life in danger is fine....putting a passengers life in danger is just fucking stupid.

That being said........I see 150+ on a regular basis on the front straight of the main course at Summit Point, WV.

njracer

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
lol. I have hit 145mph but I stopped due to the bugs covering my visor so much I could barely see. my speedo indicates correctly as I found out by a police officer. That was another time though he clocked me at 112. Luckily he was nice.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
oh great - lets not start another thread about top speeds again....

hit texas world speedway with a speedo healer. Atleast its leagel and EASY to do there. and... relativly safe.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Well when does it start showing the wrong speed? I was going 112 when he clocked me because I looked down right when I saw him. He told me the speed right as he walked up to me. I am sure his radar is working righ.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
the max should be ard 163mph (stock), its normal to have passager @148mph even my 400cc blade did tat!!!!!!!!! check out the TRE should b able to give better top speed..

·
Registered
387 Posts
A TRE won't help top speed on a 600 only the 1000 and the Hayabusa are restricted at the top of 6th.

Haven't felt the need to max out my '04 yet, but I'd seen 280/175 a few times on my '00.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I've got a speedo healer and I've seen 148 with some left, but I've also -1 on the front and I'm about 215lbs. I'm sure you guys with stock gearing and less weight would top that easily.

By the way, all of the bikes are about 7- 10% off to the high side on the speedo with stock gearing. The faster you go the more it's off. Time yourself for 2 miles on a straight stretch of highway at 70 then do the same in a car and see the difference. The speedo healer web site gives the tools needed to figure out how much you're off even if you don't care to correct it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
148 on 05 600 with a two brothers bolt on pipe had a little left so maybe 160-ish on a good day...of course this is all "indicated" sorry i dont have a speedo-healer

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
who the heck brought this thread back to life!!

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
if an rc can do over 200mph as the police seem to think while on a helo... then shoot ya your 600 can do 180 without a problem.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts