Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am heading a group buy for a top end oiler over on the bandit board and i would like to extend the offer to my fellow gixxer friends...with 5 orders the oiler will retail for $210 plus shipping...to committ we need for you to call and submit your credit card info, shipping/billing info and this will secure your order...your cc will not be charged until after the deadline has passed...anything short of 5 the oiler will retail for $220 plus shipping...if any of you are interested please give us a call with your info and we will put you on the list...this offer is good until monday dec 23 5pm est...thanks guys!!!

dwayne

[ 12-18-2002, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Cycle Concepts ]

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
What do they look like? Are they the all silver or the red and blue?
Bones

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Smokinn:
Hmmm...so it's only a $10 discount for the group purchase?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">no, vortex retails their oiler for over $300 and ape retails theirs for about $265...with 5 orders we will retail our oiler for $210...if we don't get 5 people then the great price savings for those that committed but we never got 5 will be $220...this is how we take care of our customers at cycle concepts...we have already sold some at the $220 since it was such a great price guys said they didn't neeed a group buy at that price...

the one that we are selling is all silver and looks similar to ape's...it's not the red and blue vortex...let us know if you are interested..thanks..

dwayne

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
Not to start any thi8ng but I think no matter what the savings its cool for dwayne to try and pass it on to others on the site.I do not need it myself but thanks for giving us all a chance to save a few bucks(not something anyone has to do)

·
Registered
978 Posts
so what brand is it?????????????
and does it oil both cams?????????

[ 12-19-2002, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: GSXR1255JIMMY ]

·
Registered
59 Posts
That's pretty cool. Can you still use the stock fairings with the top end oil coolers?

Originally posted by Cycle Concepts:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Smokinn:
Hmmm...so it's only a $10 discount for the group purchase?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">no, vortex retails their oiler for over $300 and ape retails theirs for about $265...with 5 orders we will retail our oiler for $210...if we don't get 5 people then the great price savings for those that committed but we never got 5 will be $220...this is how we take care of our customers at cycle concepts...we have already sold some at the $220 since it was such a great price guys said they didn't neeed a group buy at that price...

the one that we are selling is all silver and looks similar to ape's...it's not the red and blue vortex...let us know if you are interested..thanks..

dwayne
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by GSXR1255JIMMY:
so what brand is it?????????????
and does it oil both cams?????????
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">it oils both the cams!!!

it's the carolina cycle top end oiler...all fairings are able to be used with this oiler also..

go here to see the top end oiler... top end oiler

dwayne

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
The Carolina Cycle unit kicks ass... perfect machining, great appearance.

BTW Dwayne, I got the B12 running under boost for the first time yesterday... the bike flat-out flies, I'll ride it down to show ya soon.

Ed

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by gsxr1198:
The Carolina Cycle unit kicks ass... perfect machining, great appearance.

BTW Dwayne, I got the B12 running under boost for the first time yesterday... the bike flat-out flies, I'll ride it down to show ya soon.

Ed

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">that's great ED...looking forward to seeing it in person and meeting you face to face...ride safe!!!!

dwayne

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Originally posted by bcjohn:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Mr Gixxer:
don't trust that guys bike! it takes 20 liters of oil
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey, I only 'borrowed' the first 10 from your stash! Sheeeesh
!!

Yeah, I didn't go for the Earl's cam oil link kit (Earl's UK) because it was 10mm (oilers) vs 8mm (water pumper 1100's). Earl's (and mine) take the oil from the high pressure galley feed (lower). Don't know the oiler internals as to where the top to top feed is from...would that be from the cooler pump feed?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The feed for this style of "Top End Oiler" is from the Valve cover galley. If you look at the underside of a valve cover you can see tah the feed from the block enters the valve cover and then into a galley. From there it feeds the combustion chamber squiters and cam feeds. There is alot of waste from this. The tap for the "Top End Oiler" is from the galley and redirects the oil to the cams first.
Bones

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
I run the Carolina top end oiler on my Gixxer, the stock mounts can be used with it See pic, look in the fairing opening and you can see it, and the fairing bolt screws into the oiler.

Heres a little lesson i learned about oilers and valve springs. i was chewing up a set of cams every race season in my GSXR, put on the oiler and i got about 1.5 years out of them instead. When i had Lazer porting update my head to a level 5 i told him i was chewing up cams, he says put an oiler on it, i say i already do????? He says let me check all the springs, he calls back and says the springs have WAY to much seat pressure, thats why its chewing up cams, he put in springs that had about 15-20Lbs less seat pressure (55-60LBS i beleive is what they are set at now on a .380 lift cam, and titanium retainers and 30/26 valves) and i have had that set of cams in it for the past 3 years. So if your spring pressure is sky high, you will still have problems, the oiler helps, but its not a cure all.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I bought that same oiler from Dwayne and have been having good results with mine, It really looks good and you can't beat the price It was like $100 cheaper than most and really looks good with the braided lines and all. You guys really should give dwayne a chance he is a man of his word and tries hard to save you guys some dough when ever possible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts