Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t know if this has already been answered or not but I was wanting to know the stock sprocket tooth count for the front and rear for my 02 gsxr 600

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply! I was needing a new chain with both sprockets since this one is completely stretched out and I have no further adjustment.. any recommendations on what brand to get or if I should step up a couple teeth or go down a couple on the rear sprocket?

·
Likes to race old junk.
1,943 Posts
Chains don't stretch...they wear. They get sloppy inside and that results in an increased overall length.
I won't wade into the endless debates about what chain, engine oil or dandruff shampoo are the best...don't buy cheap Chinese shit, but you probably don't need the top of the line either.
If you want to improve acceleration, at the expense of losing a few mph on the top end...then go up a few teeth on the rear.

There is a search function at the top of the page.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
A sprocket change is a popular mod on the 600. If you go that route you can work out exactly what your speed will be at Gearing Commander. You will have to verify how many teeth you have front and back and measure the circumference of your rear tire. After you can input what you think you want and see the resulting change in performance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts