1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
All you need is a long flat punch and hammer
I personally would avoid this at all costs. One wrong move and you can break a lug off. I went to a local dealer and they didnt have any they could sell me. Another dealer (non Suzuki) found a 2nd hand one for me in a trade in bike he had and sold that to me for a couple of bucks.

With the right tool it is so much easier and quicker

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
djr said:
I personally would avoid this at all costs. One wrong move and you can break a lug off. I went to a local dealer and they didnt have any they could sell me. Another dealer (non Suzuki) found a 2nd hand one for me in a trade in bike he had and sold that to me for a couple of bucks.

With the right tool it is so much easier and quicker
If you break a lug off of the locking rings you shouldn't have been working on the bike in the first place. Every dirt bike for the last 20 years has had similar locking rings. Those all required a punch and hammer because the air boks are in the way and a spanner wont fit. Like I said if you can break those rings you need to let someone else work on your ride.:hammer

·
Registered
539 Posts
eviltwin-05 said:
If you break a lug off of the locking rings you shouldn't have been working on the bike in the first place. Every dirt bike for the last 20 years has had similar locking rings. Those all required a punch and hammer because the air boks are in the way and a spanner wont fit. Like I said if you can break those rings you need to let someone else work on your ride.:hammer
I never said I had broken a lug off, I said it was possible to and WHY take that risk rather than spend a couple of bucks getting the CORRECT tool for the job?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.