Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
loves oldgixxer and Anthony D
12,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today\'s Ride Thru Upstate New York

Hit up some twisties around the Albany, NY area...made it as far as Oneonta, and thru a bunch of other small towns...

Snapped just a few pics of some of the nice scenery that we came across..regret not stopping more often to take some more pics, but it was a fast paced ride with many high speed sweepers and a fair amount of tight twisties....

Enjoy

·
Registered
949 Posts
Re: Today\'s Ride Thru Upstate New York

That's awesome ... and my area.

I'm from Canajoharie (about 45 miles West of Albany) ...

Try Route 10 from Cooperstown to Speculator ... and then Rte 30 North. You will smile.

·
Banned
12,040 Posts

Do you have any tread on that front???

Nice pics

·
12,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

That's awesome ... and my area.

I'm from Canajoharie (about 45 miles West of Albany) ...

Try Route 10 from Cooperstown to Speculator ... and then Rte 30 North. You will smile.
thats funny, I was actually on 10 today...took route 20 west out of albany to route 7 in Duanesburgh, to route 10 in Richmondville, thru Summit and Schoharie, and ended up near Oneonta...Love 10, its a great road

Let me know where you are so we can meet up some time...maybe you can show me some new roads up there...not too familiar with the area

·
12,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Do you have any tread on that front???

Nice pics
the front is actually a fairly new tire that got warped this winter...guess the few times I took the bike out of the shed and onto the wet lawn/dirt, it froze then thawed and now it looks like a wrinkled penis

I actually have an apointment this fri to get my new super corsas mounted and balanced...its on after that..very excited to try these tires on the street

·
Registered
114 Posts

Hey man what kind of undertail is that? I was happy with my clear taillight until my budy got an eurotail with integrated lights. Now mine just doesn't look as cool. i hate that. Let me know if you have any links. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
644 Posts

Hmmm...yup looks like NYS...I lived in Syracuse for a while until I went to college. It is pretty nice there in the summer...but I got tired of all the snow...I prefer to be able to fly in see the snow and leave the next day.

·
12,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Hey man what kind of undertail is that? I was happy with my clear taillight until my budy got an eurotail with integrated lights. Now mine just doesn't look as cool. i hate that. Let me know if you have any links. Thanks in advance.
Pyramid undertail w/integrated turn signals

·
12,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Hmmm...yup looks like NYS...I lived in Syracuse for a while until I went to college. It is pretty nice there in the summer...but I got tired of all the snow...I prefer to be able to fly in see the snow and leave the next day.
took this pic a couple months ago

This winter was brutal

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts

Nice Pics!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts

My mom lives in Oneonta.... Great roads....

·
Registered
4,707 Posts

Nice pics ! Looks like you had a good ride !

·
Registered
3,340 Posts

Nice pics, I have been all over the world but have never been to NY. Everytime I think of NY I think of the city, but looks like upstate has some beautiful country

·
Registered
4,058 Posts

still havent ridden up to my house near lake george yet this year..these pics make me hate LI riding even more man. i miss real roads, real scenery

when you coming home next?

·
12,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

still havent ridden up to my house near lake george yet this year..these pics make me hate LI riding even more man. i miss real roads, real scenery

when you coming home next?
prob wont be home again till after graduation...about 3 or 4 weeks...then I start my new job with AllAire...had an interview last week and was hired on the spot...so no summer break for me..but I will have weekends off so an upstate ride is not out of the question, especially for Americade

·
Registered
4,058 Posts

nicee..goodluck with the job..what you doing there??

no summer break for me either but definatly weekend trips all the time.. americade is a must

·
12,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

AllAire is a big corp out in the Bronx that does cooling and heating for industries like malls, dept stores, skyscrapers, and buildings all over the city...huge cooling units that you can walk thru..they are also venturing in some new technologies..something about micro turbines or some shit of the future...I dunno, but I'll be trained to work on them...

....starting off slow, then in 6 months joining the steamfitters union, then if I am dedicated enough, 6 months after that they will train and certify me as a mechanic/tech and thats where the big bucks start rolling in....

...I have little or no prior experience in this field, but they are excited to have someone out of college to be working for them rather than the usual people they get out of APEX Tech or ITT Tech, where they say they have to untrain what they have learned there, so they gave me the opportunity to join the team...

...considering the shit I got into while up in Albany, I am grateful to have this job right out of school

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts

need to make your way out this way towards the Cuse.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts