Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a jet kit and ignition advancer for my bike, damn thing is sucking down gas, no longer in crankcase either, just burning it to rich, also need a seal for countershaft behind eront sprocket, noticed a slight leak

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bobby you have any sugestions, bike runs beatiful at ful throttle, litle hesitant on start up and idle till warms up, tailpipe is pretty sooty black, and I am only getting like 29 mph, used to get 41 in Nebraska, would like that back, also would give me alittle more horses by leaning it up.

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Speedy I'd get a stage 1 jet kit if your motor is stock and just has a after market pipe
Factory makes the best kit I think. Ignition advancers Factory makes a bolt=on 4 or 5 degree stator rotor. If your going to keeep your bike for a while might I suggest a Dyna 2000 advancer and you can with this upgrade your coils to 2.2 ohm ones.
Richness is up to the carb gurus and factory pro tuning guide website for mikuni carbs.
Bobbychet

·
Registered
235 Posts
may want to check the emulsion tubes as well. mine at 18000 miles were very oval shaped, and my mileage went *way* up after putting new ones in.

tom j.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine only has 14000, on it I already have a D&D header and pipe, K&N filter, suppossed to have stage 3 jet kit, but dont think so, what about emulsion tubes where to get and how hard are they to put in, all help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Speedy
you should have a stage one kit, that's what Factory recomends for just a pipe and filter, Emulsion tubes are not hard to install and are about $25.00 ea.
Bobbychet

·
Registered
235 Posts
emulstion tubes (needle jets) are 17.75 at ronayers.

they are what the needle jets fit into. not hard to put in at all.

tom j.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts