Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say thanks for everyone who got a chance to try to help me through this ordeal before someone deleted my post. The bike is now in the classified section, and if it doesn't sell it will be on ebay soon. Also reminding local guys about the memorial ride on June 25th in Milwaukee. You can see info about it on Stuntlife.com I believe, or PM me. Thanks and God bless all of you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
ya, what happened?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's the story again if interested although I really don't like repeating it:
2 weeks ago, my brother-in-law (the brother I never had, and loved as my own) borrowed my wifes bike (2002 SV650S) for a ride. His is in peices due to a motor overhaul. We rode with a group of 6 total including us both. We were out for about 4 hours, riding, stopping, etc. and then stopped to make a couple of phone calls. We proceeded to ride out to some twisties, and no more than 3 miles later, he crashed doing about 40 mph around a corner that could have easily done twice that through. He was an experienced rider and we were all wearing gear. I looked in my mirror to find the bike spinning in the road. I turned around went back to him lying on the ground. I held his head hand and screamed for him to "wake up" he was already gone. The EMT's and then the Sheriff worked on him for like an eternity, and then they took him in an ambulance, and that was the last I saw him until the funeral. It's been a real tough time for me. There wasn't a scratch on him, nor his helmet. They say the impact of the railing or the bike tank forced his ribs to break and punctured his lungs. There was other internal bleeding. Everyone at the hospital and on the scene said that this shouldn't have been fatal, but it was obviously his time. He leaves his wife (my sister) and a 4 year old son behind who he loved so much. I miss him every waking hour. I am selling my bike to lay low for a while, and that other post was kind of a for sale post with this story, so it got erased. Any help in selling it would be great, since it hurts to see it right now, and I have no time to ride with taking care of my nephew, sister, etc. Thanks for all the replies, and stay safe.
Steve
GsxrBots

·
Registered
8 Posts
Its always sad to hear someone go down, especially a family member.

My best to you and your fam in this hard time.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
damn.... at 40mph.... the way i see it some ppl can do the krazies shit on their bikes and never have any accidents.... on the other hand u can ride once not doin any krazy shit and die... its krazy how that works but if its ure time then it is.... but really sorry to hear that... u have my prayers... ure bro in law i mean...

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
RIP

Sorry to hear your story, he's in a better place now. My condolences to you and the families

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks it strangely helps to talk about it again. Hard thing to get over. Worst part is knowing that we weren't doing anything crazy. Really nothing to blame like boy he was asking for it or anything. Makes it worse. Thanks again guys and God bless.

·
Registered
149 Posts
really sorry to hear that man.

i personally think it's pretty fucked that the post was deleted. maybe technically it was against the rules, but so fucking what? consider the spirit of the rules mods. his post was obviously not some jackoff spamming the discussion forum. and like was already suggested, why not atleast warn and move the post?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts