Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
2013 GSX-R750 here and I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions on a cat delete. I'm prepared to drop the dough on the pipes/headers and already have the PCV. I just really don't like the way the cat looks. Is there any noticeable differences in the way the bike performs doing this? My mechanic said last 750 they did saw almost no gains in power.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Interested in this too. My wife wants to get a Two Brothers exhaust on her 2015 750, looking between a full system or just a slip-on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SO I asked a number of people at the bike show on the weekend about this. There are a TON of features our bike comes from that are only able to be unlocked with a PCV unlock or an ECU flash. For example, I had no idea the bikes actually had a launch control feature. I talked to a guy who does ECU flashes and said that paired with a full exhaust you can get close to 140 WHEEL horsepower out of the bikes pretty easily if the system is Akra or arrow and a couple less with anything else.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know there's launch control on my 1000R, wasn't aware of the 750... wonder how it's controlled if unlocked with a PCV. That's a hell of a feat getting a stock 148 hp crank (about 120 to the ground). Assuming a 20% power train loss, that's improving it by about 20-30 hp to get those numbers to the ground. Are the cats that restrictive??

Wife wants to do LSR with me on her bike, she got the bug when we took hers as a pit bike to the Texas Mile this past October, so some performance gains like this would be fantastic.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,992 Posts
Interested in this too. My wife wants to get a Two Brothers exhaust on her 2015 750, looking between a full system or just a slip-on.
Two Bros is the biggest piece of garbage exhaust on the market. I wouldn’t run one if I got it for free.

If you plan on running without a catalytic converter, be aware you should be tuning your bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Two Bros is the biggest piece of garbage exhaust on the market. I wouldn’t run one if I got it for free.
All for opinions, anything objectively you dislike about them? The wife likes their sound over some of the others as it's less tinny sounding (as she describes some sound like a fart cannon).

If you plan on running without a catalytic converter, be aware you should be tuning your bike.
Yup, she'll be getting a PCV and tune

·
Registered
257 Posts
hi there. what did you decided to do with your bike and upgrading the exhaust.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi there. what did you decided to do with your bike and upgrading the exhaust.
Heyo! I ended up going full titanium system with a power commander AND ecu flash. flattened out some dead spots in the powerband and got a lot better throttle control. Dyno'd at 131 to the wheels, so nowhere near the 140 that someone was claiming, but still a damned fun bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts