Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I developed a TLR flash tool that will allow you to read your 02FD0 (and probably 02FA0) ECU without having to "notch" it. You'll need to build a simple OBD interface (for about $15) and get a VAG-COM OBD cable (for another $15) in order to use the software. Instructions are included and you can find a copy of the software here:

https://sites.google.com/site/mrhollywoodk3/home/other-16bit-ecus/tl1000r-16bit-ecu
(Start the download by clicking the arrow on the right)

Here's a peek of the GUI:

Once you've extracted the ROM binary (bin) file from your ECU, you can use RomRaider (along with the 02FD0.xml def file) to see the options that can be modified with a reflash. There's also an ECU Checksum tool you can use to test the ROM dump (bin) for errors and update the ECU checksums before reflashing.

And finally, I posted a utility that allows you to view or re-format the contents of the ECU's NV Ram (yoshbox settings). The utility uses the same OBD interface as the flash tool. Instructions are included and you can download using the same link as above...

These tools will let you ramp-up and familiarize yourself with the reflashing process (and possibilities) at a minimal cost. Then you can decide whether to pursue flashing your own ECU...

Have fun!!!

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Is this free software?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Anthony,

Yes, the Yoshbox utility, Checksum tool and Flash tool (read only version) are all free...

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
That is great, good on you for contributing!

:cheers

·
Banned
29,644 Posts
You mind if I share this on my TL1000 Preservation Society on FB?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Vooduguru
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing