Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would putting to tl pipes on my 87 11oo not work or hurt performance? like the dual exhaust look

·
Registered
176 Posts
Um...
The TL is a twin ... two cylinder motorcycle. Your GSXR, whatever year it is, is a four cylinder motorcycle. Unless I misunderstand your question, it's not going to work.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i couldnt just use the pipes if i had custom exhaust made i have the header from my bike and ill get mid pipes made

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm confused here...do you want to use stock tl1000r pipes, or just have a twin exhaust??

TLR pipes won't fit, the tillers are v-twins...

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am not sure if you will loose power or gain power, but you will have to customize the hell out of that exhaust. Remember twins exhaust is completely different from a 4.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
You can have a dual exhaust system custom made, if you go that route, spend the extra money and use race-cans the TL cans, stock are notoriously heavy and restrictive
-Karl

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Didn't the Katana 1100's use a dual exhaust? If so, then you could use the header as far back as the collector. Then you could possibly attach the TL's split to that. Really, I think you could better spend your time and money on something else. But it is your bike.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Could swear the old 1100 came out with dual exhausts for a year or so...if so, do you want to just dump the stock pipes and install the TLs??? Like the guy said, if you are talking about putting on stock pipes, muy weight.

Normally, dual exhaust are installed on a four to help with noise level readings, as opposed to performance.

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: bcjohn ]</p>

·
Registered
461 Posts
89+ 1100 gixxers came with dual exhaust stock.

Why would you want to add weight and lose power? It is not a kawasaki.
(I just wanted to use that smiley)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ok, I'm looking at the factory manual for my '88 GSXR750J. Amazingly, it shows dual exhausts.

So, if you want dual exhausts, find some stockers!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Grab an orr and hop in the boat! I have been spw Hindle on a dual high & tight (splitting the manifold) for the OS gsxr's. As of yet it's a nogo, but if you e-mail 'em (along with a few more showing intrest) they just might budge for a few units!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts