Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Maybe this is the Yoshimura Titanium style exhaust it is.
gsxr11g_m.jpg

I emailed Yoshimura Japan about the availablity of this exhaust and if it was Duplex as we know it. The answer was no, it's not a Duplex with the balance tubes.

So again, I say. The exhaust being sold on EBAY is very much the real thing, possibly the type Yoshimura Japan/USA would put on there in-house 1100's. While not being what they sold out the door to paying "customers".

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
It is a Yosh. two styles of Duplex, the can type that we are all familer with and the small tube that they use on later models. Yosh stoped making the tube style after about 95 and switched to the small balance tube type. I am the current high bidder on this one as all ti pipes are few and far between.

For your info that pipe was made by Yosh Japan as all Ti pipes by Yosh R&D in the US are hand welded out of about 40 pieces.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thank you for that, I'd say that about covers it...........

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
"The seller ended this listing early to sell to the high bidder(s) at current bid price."

OK - who got it?

JD

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Lee got it. he outbid me by 10bucks and then the guy "ended it early" without giving me a chance to bid agian.

·
3,477 Posts
.....I bet he paid way more than that for it. And if not, the seller is crazy. I was settling on a max bid of around $1200. Oh well.....learned something new, but I don't expect to see another one of those.........

·
Streetfighting Monster
1,216 Posts
Yep i got it :banana

I'd already spotted it before it was posted up on here. As i do with every ebay auction , i asked the dude for a 'buy it now' price - just on the off chance ;)

He replied and was asking for $500 plus shipping - the only reason i didnt bite his hand off that night , is that it took him a while to give me the shipping costs ( to the UK ) first ! . Then (in my ignorance ) i was having doubts about its authenticity. Finally the dude confirmed the shiping costs and send me a rake of detailed pics of the pipe.

Suprisingly ,even though the bids had risen rapidly ,he said as long as i was the high bidder at $500 he'd honour our earlier agreement .Satisifed it was the real deal - i did the deed.

Sorry to any GDC guys who were bidding on it , but all's fair in love & war etc..

·
Registered
806 Posts
Nice pipes, Lee. I haven't seen a set like that for the oil cooled bikes before. Anybody know where I can get the aluminum flanges and head inserts for my duplex?? Thanks.

·
3,477 Posts
OK...so that guys was totally nuts.

Silver....I thought you had that worked out with YoshiChris?? Was waiting to hear from you as I'm in the same position. Hell.....I'm just gonna have them made I think....

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Measure the inside diameter of the head pipe and see if Vance and Hines SS2R inserts will work. I think Hindle also uses the flange type set-up so they may also be able to sell you a set. If Yoshimura USA has anything to do with it, you could buy a 2007 GSXR1000 Superbike for price they'll charge you.

·
3,477 Posts
Hey rajay....About the pipe.....Once again, you were right;). Good idea about the flanges, I'll check into that. And man are you right about Yosh USA, and they suck. They even have this little island tied up since it's a US territory even though I'm only 3 hours from Japan:(........

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
simply put; yosh usa does not care about the older stuff.

it really is sad because i would like to think that they could still make some $ from all of the oil-coolers, but then again, they probably know best.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
yea the part that sucks the most is, you can get parts by contacting yosh japan, then you have to get he part numbers from them, then you have to contact yosh usa to get a price on the parts, and if they dont have it in stock, then you have to wait for them to contact yosh japan to find out how much to charge you. im dealing with this right now. i wish i could just contact 1 of the 2 either one i dont care and get the parts and price's from them ohh and maybe be able to order from them aswell.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Perhaps one of the site sponsors could help. I think he goes by Yogi. I think he's based in Japan and sells parts for our bikes. Perhaps he could be the intermediary.

·
3,477 Posts
GixxerRacer317 said:
If it's the insert type spigot then the M4 spigots will work with it as will their flanges.
Looks promising......do you know the diameter? My Yosh ones were two pieces also..

Thanks!

·
Registered
806 Posts
GixxerRacer317 said:
If it's the insert type spigot then the M4 spigots will work with it as will their flanges.
M4? Are they still making those exhausts? Where could I find such flanges and spigots? Thanks.

·
3,477 Posts
Silver.......http://www.m4exhaust.com/

317, thanks, good tip......my exhaust tubes turned out to be 1 15/32" not 1 15/16ths", so these should work. I'm still tempted to have them made in stainless though, as the disimilar metal corrosion between aluminum and stainless is terrible! It's like the spigots were welded on there.....

With all this duplex talk I decided to look further into the design today...I really thought there was more to it, and can understand now why they just switched to the balance tube design as it seems to do the same thing while being simpler and lighter. AND...it keeps people from asking you what the little cans are:D. People are funny.....

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello I need the center tube of the Yoshimura Suzuki gsxr 1100 1991 where can I find to be of diameter 57 mm

21 - 40 of 70 Posts