Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry :)....................... My bad.................... It's just so ................... beautiful.......

·
Registered
284 Posts
Are they all your auctions, or did you just happen to find them? If they are yours...what are you doing with the motor? (Looks like a part-out)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not my autions, just happen to find them. I will not be bidding on it, gread is a sin and I'm fortunate to have two very good pipes for my 1990 installed engine and the "big motor" currently in the planning stages. Although the stroker crank among other things, still remains on the "must have list". I hope someone here gets that pipe, it nice I think.

·
3,477 Posts
Nice pipe, but did someone weld those "equilizer tubes" in there? I've never seen an old Yosh pipe like that......it's not a duplex which is what the team ran back then.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
hmmmm?? I thought about welding equalizer pipes on my header...I wonder what whould be the outcome.

·
3,477 Posts
It would help flow a bit for top-end, but I wouldn't expect the gains in midrange of a duplex which actually increase back-pressure. That was the whole design of the duplex cans.....increase pressure to get a better mid-range drive out of corners. I wouldn't mess-up a good pipe to simply add equilizers......maybe someone has Dyno experience with this, but i don't think it's worth the effort....

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey guys, quick ????... I see 88/89 the application change yr. I know about 750/1100 hieght diff... what ,for the 88/89 change in pipe application... hanger /mount position... It would make life easier for us early guys ,if it was a simple thing to mount up a 89+ pipe, w/ minamal mods... Thanks, for the info...
Clean and free, Ripp'n

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
yeah It was just a thought Rag I figured with the H in there it could only help. Ya know?

·
3,477 Posts
Yeah, I didn't think you expected a huge big gain......some stuff we do just because:D......not saying you shouldn't do it......just saying I wouldn't;)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
None of the newer Yoshimura "Duplex" headers have the old style "equalizer" tubes....they all have balance pipes. Maybe, jusy maybe the balance pipes are better................... The 1100 never needed midrange, it needed top end power...

·
Registered
425 Posts
rippn said:
Hey guys, quick ????... I see 88/89 the application change yr. I know about 750/1100 hieght diff... what ,for the 88/89 change in pipe application... hanger /mount position... It would make life easier for us early guys ,if it was a simple thing to mount up a 89+ pipe, w/ minamal mods... Thanks, for the info...
Clean and free, Ripp'n
if youre askin if this pipe will fit 86-88 1100 the answer is yes, sort of
it exits further to the right, melts the lower, also way too long

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Is it just me, or does it look like there are O2 sensors coming out of the top of the crossover tubes? I know I'm getting old and my eyes aren't what they used to be....

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I feel they are. That's why I feel it is probably the latest/final (still 10 years old) Duplex design for the 1100........ What ever the case may be, it's still a nice exhaust system...... Even if you only want to show off ............

·
3,477 Posts
Did Yosh use O2 sensors on bikes back in '90? I asked the seller what was sticking up from the equilizer tubes and all he said was "they are little hose clamps to help seal better". Maybe the buyer should get a better picture of that area. I'm still betting somone added the tubes to make it like a "new Yosh". If it is factory, that is one hell of a pipe!!!
:D

Edit....the more I stare at this thing, maybe I'm wrong. Surprised that after many of us have followed these bikes for nearly 20 years we wouldn't have seen one though:confused

·
Streetfighting Monster
1,216 Posts
Yes -yoshimura did produce a VERY small number of titanium duplex systems for the 89/92 oil cooled GSXR's , and to be honest I was on the verge of bidding for this one.

I knew i had a pic of one in a recent streetfighters magazine ( fitted to a bandit ) , so i've dug it out to confrim.

They aint the same :confused

The one on the bandit looks almost exactly like my stainless duplex system , but obviously made from Ti. The one this guy is selling looks totally different - i'm not sure that it's authentic , so i wont be bidding on it

1 - 20 of 70 Posts