Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to get a full system with titanium headers (Akrapovic Evo) because I love how titanium system's blue, and I also like the fact that they're the lightest material to manufacture the exhaust out of. My question is, though, do they stain like the stainless steal factory headers do? I don't want them to get all crusty looking if I happen to get caught in the rain like the factory headers did. I want them to keep looking like a solid silver/blue color throughout their lifetime. Anyone know if this is the case?

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
they wont rust, but they will be rainbow colored after they heat cycle. I used to have a ti exhaust on my zx9r, it is alot lighter than stock, and they look a shit load better, but they are expensive as hell

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have the ak evo titatnium system for my 750. i love it, the colour is beautiful. a nice blue to gold then tapers to a lighter grey/gold as it gets closer to the cf. pipe. the only colour that isnt nice is where it bolts up to the engine. its a rusty purple red colour

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you ridden in the rain with them yet? I seriously don't want them to look like crap if I happen to get caught in the rain. PS: The rain where I am equals sandy mud! Stupid desert...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I had some stand's I think it'd make that a bit easier, but without them, getting to the headers to scrub them would be a bitch... Anywho, I really want to get the Akrapovic Evolution system, cheapest I found it was at 58cycle.com. Anybody else seen cheaper?

·
Registered
48 Posts
My old 954 had the stock titanium exhaust and I got caught out in some downpours and the headers still looked good, don't stain nearly as easily as the steel ones. I would like to get a Ti exhaust just for the weight savings but the budget won't allow

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, a friend of mine out here has a 600 with the full titanium Evolution system from Akrapovic and its just fuggin' MEAN! When he rides by and rev's up it makes me cream my pants!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well, a friend of mine out here has a 600 with the full titanium Evolution system from Akrapovic and its just fuggin' MEAN! When he rides by and rev's up it makes me cream my pants!

lol the akra evo is the best sounding system out there. that is why i got one

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a similar question that I do not think was answered. 1, I cannot find titanium headers for sale ANYWHERE for a 750. I have a 2008 750. I found akropovic for 2011 and newer and my next question is will a newest exhaust system fit the 2008? If I buy a full exhaust that says meant for 2011 gsxr750, will it also fit a 2008? I had a friend put 2007 full exhaust on her 2015 so I'm assuming they all fit each other?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts