Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tires

Anyone know of some decent priced tires with lasting tread life to em?? My bro told me bout the Diablos but then I've also heard they're not all that great. Some input would be great..... Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Re: Tires

Well ..i know that several ppl on GDC use the diablos as well as myself and they're a very good tire ..so being that i personally have this tire i would recommend it very much ..but then again its all about what you perfer

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I guess the only concern is that they say the tread life doesn't last to long. I don't ride as hard mainly just country roads so they don't go under too much stress. How long have you been riding on that set of tires??

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

Keep in mind all tires are designed for maximum grip, thus tread life will be an issue with all of them. I've heard Diablos getting as much as 5000+ miles. I just put a set of Diablos on over the winter and so far they are great...no complaints.

Check over in the Group Buy Forum....Mike from Heatwave will hook you up for under $210 a set shipped to your door.

·
Registered
60 Posts

thats right more stick more wear but you shouldnt be cheap on tires. after all your life depends on them .but hey its your life not mine thats just my input .buy good stick tires and you will know that they will not slip diablos for me right out the showroom

·
Registered
886 Posts

I have tried a few different kinds... And none last long at all... The most i have ever gotten out of a tire was like 2,500... and that was w/ alot of the time my GF riding....

My metzlers last about 1,500 miles... But i like em.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks for the input then guys. I'm gonna try out a set of diablos then, will letcha know how I like em.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts

ya matters how you ride. I'd guess around 3000 miles for any rider who pushes their tire a lot. Thats all i've gotten out of pilot powers and diablos. but on the same tire my friend got 5000 miles. strange.

·
Registered
886 Posts

ya matters how you ride. I'd guess around 3000 miles for any rider who pushes their tire a lot. Thats all i've gotten out of pilot powers and diablos. but on the same tire my friend got 5000 miles. strange.
I had a buddy that got like 8k miles on his stock tire...

04 1k.... And rides like a puss... If ur getting over 4k out of a tire....You need a cruiser.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts

I had a buddy that got like 8k miles on his stock tire...

04 1k.... And rides like a puss... If ur getting over 4k out of a tire....You need a cruiser.
haha thats hilarious. if all you do is ride two up or cruise the freeway with a billion buds, then park at the local hang out for the other 90% of the riding day - then you need a cruiser or a cage. bikes are for riding. If you stunt so be it - thats your thing. but these things are bred for racing. meaning race/stunt do something. Don't sit there and look pretty all day!! i think you all just found my pet peeve

·
Registered
21 Posts

I've found the Dunlop 218's to flatspot WAY too easy. I had the Diablo's on my 916 and after a trip to the Gap AND a trackday @ Gratten, they still looked good. SOOOO much of it has to do with keeping your tire preassure up(or down) depending on your load, riding style, riding environment, etc.

Obviously burnouts, stoppies and wheels are putting excess stress on you rubbers, sooooo, it really depends greatly on the pilot. I just ordered a set of Michelin Pilot Powers for the Gix 750, we'll see. Diablo's are NOT a bad choice though..I had 2500 miles on mine and they were maybe 1/2 worn.

Good luck

·
Registered
187 Posts

i have 1400 miles on the stock Dunlop on my 750 and i figure i will only get another 300-500 miles out of it.. i think im going to run race take-offs.. not sure though...one friend runs diablos and one runs Pilot powers..the powers only lasted 2600miles on a 600 and he rides like a puss and two up..no wheelies or anything..so i figure if i run them i will get 1500 miles out of a rear..

·
Registered
697 Posts

I had bridgestone BT014 and absolutely loved them. I just got 208zr's and i wish i bought another set of BT014's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts