Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it's time to change my tire fluid, anyone got some spare 5w-12,000?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Actually, I've been using K-Y Jelly (Multifunction lubricant). It's cheaper and works just as well. Don't forget to thoroughly Armor-All your tires when you refiil them.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
YOU GUYS ARE INSANE! HOW COULD YOU PUT THAT ON YOUR TIRES!!!!!!!!!! Good lord......

Don't you know that those aren't waterproof? They will come off at the first sign of even a drizzle!! Use BOAT TRAILER GREASE Godammit!! They never come off! Apply liberally with Large Paint Brush.

Good Luck. Geez u guys - do I have to save u every time?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks, dude...you saved us! We could have had...<shudder>....DRY TIRES!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
In a pinch, like when you're a million miles from home and run out of tire fluid) you can just get a large-gage copper wire, and heat it up with a propane torch
and burn more grooves in the tires. I'm sure though that the boat-trailer grease is the *right*way* to do it.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FastCat:
In a pinch, like when you're a million miles from home and run out of tire fluid) you can just get a large-gage copper wire, and heat it up with a propane torch
and burn more grooves in the tires. I'm sure though that the boat-trailer grease is the *right*way* to do it.
<hr></blockquote>

...Brilliant Idea. No doubt, burning new tread into a tire will undoubtedly accomodate a good measure of added Boat Trailer Grease.

...What will I do without you guys?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ohhhh shit....Thanx for the advice! saved me life! I knew I should have got that water proof butt lube

1 - 7 of 7 Posts