Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Doing my first track day at summit Jefferson. I currently have oem dunlops on my bike(99 zx-9) and brakes. Should I change to a different tire and or brake pads. Im due for pads anyway. What tires/brakes do you guys reccommend?

· Registered
2,828 Posts
brake pads I recomend are Vesrah RJL pads!!!! Clean up the calipers and rotors, also change the brake lines over to steel braided!!! You will love that change especially if you bleed your brakes properly!!

Tires- pretty much any DOT race tire would be great! Pereli Supercorsa 2 (soft) short life span on the street but awsome on the track!! Or the Michelin DOT race tires in a medium or soft would also work out good!!

For your first track day you should be ok as long as your tires are in GOOD condition.
Remember a track day is not a race!! Take your time, enjoy the ride, learn as much as you can, and RIDE AT YOUR OWN PACE!!!!!

Be safe and take care,
Stefan

· Registered
360 Posts
no need to go to DOT tires if you are just starting out. I would recoment the Metzler M1's or the Perelli Diablo's. If you are planning on getting into it more, then splurge and get the Diablo Corsas.
Oh, and a definate +1 on the vesrah pads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.