Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my Michelin Road 4 with 7500 miles to the new Road 5s. Upon inspection, I noticed that the old tires had some visible cupping in the front and some faint cupping in the rear. The installer balanced them originally but not good enough. After 1k miles or so, I discovered that the bike shook violently at high speed. That's when I got my own static balancer and learned how to precision balance. After that, it was perfect at high speeds. I also had my front forks rebuilt at that same time as well, so they had new fluid in seals in them. Anyway, I'm wondering if they cupped because of them not being balanced for the first 1k miles?

So, here is the main question, I just installed the new tires and took it literally for a short spin around my neighborhood, 2 laps, 1/2 mile. I noticed a slightly waivy wear mark on the edge and I'm wondering if that is normal in the beginning or does that mean something may be wrong and that if I don't fix it then the tires will cup?

thanks for the input.

Attachments

·
Registered
676 Posts
I always had problems with cupping on the Powers (never used the Roads) even after setting up suspension by a pro
I simply attributed it to (low) tire pressure and/or (hard) braking

As for your "wavy patter" looks consistent with where the tire is able to "push into the tread" since there is less material there, you might wanna check tire pressure

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Greggy G
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing