Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered , since I swapped gears, you other guys running higher numerical gears spin your tire easily ? With no clutch , just a steady roll at 10-30 mph in first I can spin the rear tire all the way into second no problem. I though the clutch was slipping. When I hit my peak just before I shift in the first 4 gears, it spins the tire a little again. Like it just dumped the power on for the last 750 rpm. ( shifting at 13,000 ). I thought my new clutches where slipping, but I am painting the highway with rubber

You guys spin your tire the same ? Just wonder if I have a freak motor or something.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
mine does that I am runnin 47 teeth on the back it does it in first and second if I am huggin the bike ...and if I am gettin on it I have too!!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
i got a -1 in front.. and it doesn't spin the rear tire unless the tire is cold.. which is the first 2 min of ridin'.. 208GPs.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Wow! My buddies R1 with many mods is lucky to spin like that; it's more likely to lift its front wheel. I assume you are talking about spinning the wheel while riding in a straight line (as opposed to coming out of a turn). I don't think my bike will spin like that. Should it?

It could just be that I'm being girlie with throttle.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
well, spinning the rear will not do you any good. it could be many things like; tire, tire pressure, suspension settings, gear ratios. without you telling us the gear ratio, this is a moot point. the goal is for the rear tire to grip and provide thrust. otherwise, it is "all show and no go."

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I hear that, my friend. Good point. I would just like to know if these bikes, in mild states of tune, are capable of such power. I didn't think that they were. Do any of yours spin the tire that easily?

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
Put on a rock hard rim protector that'll go 15k miles and it'll spin till the cows come home. I prefer more stick, even though roasting the tire is fun. Troy341

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Put on a rock hard rim protector that'll go 15k miles and it'll spin till the cows come home. I prefer more stick, even though roasting the tire is fun. Troy341
Mine will spin most any tire when it's cold out (always will the first time I hit it). I run 20-25psi in the tire at the track (that's prepped with VHT) and even on a good day, it always "squirms" a little on the shift from 1st to 2nd gear.

...and those DOT "race" compound tires will *really* spin-up when they're cold (and it takes some effort and care to get enough heat in them on the street and keep your license in the process).

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
I can get my KZ1000 full opposite lock on any 90 degree street corner, but I am a puss on anything shorter, even the Blandit. Wants to wheelie and hook up. I would really have to lay it on it's side to break it loose. More practice needed. Troy341

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
sounds to me like you got a hard tire on it, IE no traction.. i run shinkos on the rear of my busa and have no traction issues running it on the street, it runs 10.01 on the track. only time my 750 or 1100 would spin going into second was on stone cold roads and tires on 30 degree days! it made some interesting rides lighting it up on those cold roads!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts