Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to do a trackday this fall and my tires are wearing down in the middle of the tire mostly to where you can feel the middle is more flat than rounded now. This comes from riding in Phoenix and Alaska.

My question is should I replace them before the trackday? Or will they pass it when they inspect it before hand?

How do yall keep from getting flat spots and wearing just in the middle if you live in the middle of a desert? Other than not riding it straight.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Buy a spare set of wheels and put some track day tires on it. Then, get a set of sport touring tires for the street.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I was thinking about buying a second set of wheels for some track only tires. Then I started wondering that if I only do 2 or 3 track days a year or so will the spare set of tires dry rot or go bad? How would you make those last longer while not using them?

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
just as anthony D said, you could get a second set of rims for track for like $200, given your year bike. buy a set of race takeoffs and mount those for your trackdays. nothing wrong with a $100 set of tires to last you the season. a year-old track tire is no big deal. i know a few people that run tires that were from the previous season, myself included.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thanks for the reply's. Do you happen to know what years are interchangeable for fitting mine? Just in case I cant find 04-05.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts