Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

According to the manual tire pressure should be set to 2,5 front (36psi) and 2,9 (42psi) rear. Recently my friend told me that it should be set to 2-2,2 (29-31psi) front and 2,5 (36psi) rear. I don't do wheelies or go on track.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
4,277 Posts
Whatever settings work best for you. If you commute, the higher PSI is going to lead to better tire wear and gas mileage, but it's going to mean that you might slide the tire out more.

Reactions: Carnage

·
Registered
557 Posts
There are lots of factors to consider as far as tire pressure goes. If its a really hot day, you are packing a fat chick, and you are going to travel at high speeds; go with a few extra pounds of air.

If its a cold day and you are in the twisties by yourself drop the pressure a few pounds.

One must remember tires generate heat. An under pressured tire will run hot. A higher pressured tire will run cooler. All depends on weight, ambient temperature, road conditions, and speed.

The owners manual gives specs to cover the worst case scenerio which would be ..... the fat chick.

·
Administrator
14,103 Posts
Your riding style has alot to do with how you set your tyre pressure ... also how the bike is being used .

What tyres are you running ???

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your riding style has alot to do with how you set your tyre pressure ... also how the bike is being used .

What tyres are you running ???
Right now Continental Conti Race Attack. I usually use my bike to go to work but I do like some cornering every now and then.

·
Administrator
14,103 Posts
Fair enough ... I was going to say if they were cheap n nasty tyres don't bother ... but factoring what your saying you would have to adjust the pressures to suit what you have planned for the day .

·
Super Moderator
15,116 Posts
Yeah pretty much what these guys have said. Drop the pressures a bit if you want to corner but keep the "fat chick" tire pressure if you do more commuting. I'll reiterate for those reading that might not have had their coffee yet. The "fat chick" pressures are the factory recommended settings.

You track boys of course need to refer to your track side tire vendor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guys, I am not english speaking person(mean dont understand well your phrases) "cornering" mean going down near road with knees ? I am gix owner just this year (5 months) so I am learning.. I bought new tires Pirelli Diablo Rosso

Sooo, if its hot day pressure 2,5 vs 2,9
cold days 2,2 vs 2,5

Some good advice about tires for mileage ?? I know what to buy for a good grip, but is there any tires that last long for a straight long roads ??

Aaaaaaand last Q.. whats difference between tires and tyres ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 - 11 of 11 Posts