Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as I know there is a Lot of brands for monitoring your Tire pressure , I need your help guys . advice me the good one . I live in another country not in usa so I think gps system will not work in my country we can use only Googlmap in my country. so if Function GPS will not have its not problem for me . so I have 3 main point which I need

1) to show pressure in Bar ( not in PSI)
2) To Set myself which pressure is good and which is bad to start alert
3) to set the monitor comportable in My GSXR 1000 2009
4) to have Voice alert also when Bar drops down

So this is 4 thing which I need and which one brand and model you recommends me ? lets try to see cheap ones .

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Just get a good gauge and check your pressures before each ride. No need for a TPMS.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in my country there is a lot of nails and wrong thinks on the roads . it's not Country like usa where everything is clear :) when I am Riding I don't know when tire will take nail or something on it and I realy don't want to save 100 $ and then crash on high speed because of Tire . if I will see that pressure goes down I will slow down and will check what happens to me :) that's the reason why I need to buy it

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
While in theory it sounds feasible,if you are that prone to puncturing tires maybe its time to trade the GSXR in for a dual-sport or another bike with knobbie tires.

FWIW,any experienced rider *should* be able to notice any changes in handling characteristics such as sluggish/very abnormal handling as a tire is going flat. If you feel you need a TPMS on your GSXR,Im not sure what to say.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i know how to drive my bike but for me this monitoring system is a bite more Safty i have some money and want to invest it in my bike for Safty and that's it if you could seggest me normal tpms which will do my 4 rule i would be heppy

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Never heard of it on a GSXR,never knew anyone who has it on a GSXR. Good luck

These posts are making me a bit weary&hurting my head ffs....ask @AnthonyD he is the smartest fellow on this forum he will know what to do.:thumbup

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
I guess they obviously make this sort of thing.
Gargle it and send him the link- oh wait, I could probably do that too, right.
But he's on the net posting on this forum,
and yet can't gargle (google) things?
What country is that? Iran? China?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Shut up . this is Forum not google If I want use google then I will use it I asked question and answer is idiotic from you both , what a fulish people you are , realy idiots

·
Registered
38 Posts
Amazon has them, they also have product reviews. Read through them, it should help you decide. I'm not going to bust your balls but those devices give people a false sense of security and have proven to delay your reaction time to a flat tire as you will be prone to checking the screen instead of reacting to the flat.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Shut up . this is Forum not google If I want use google then I will use it I asked question and answer is idiotic from you both , what a fulish people you are , realy idiots
Pro-Tip: insulting someones intelligence is much more effective only if you yourself use proper grammar and have a 110% grasp on what's being discussed...otherwise you make yourself look like a complete imbecile. At which you have suceeded beyond all expectations,job well done Sir!:thumbup
Good fucking riddance with you and your redundant questions :facepalm

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
as I know there is a Lot of brands for monitoring your Tire pressure , I need your help guys . advice me the good one . I live in another country not in usa so I think gps system will not work in my country we can use only Googlmap in my country. so if Function GPS will not have its not problem for me . so I have 3 main point which I need

1) to show pressure in Bar ( not in PSI)
2) To Set myself which pressure is good and which is bad to start alert
3) to set the monitor comportable in My GSXR 1000 2009
4) to have Voice alert also when Bar drops down

So this is 4 thing which I need and which one brand and model you recommends me ? lets try to see cheap ones .
What has GPS and and Googlemaps got to do with Tyre Pressures - you lost me on that one?

My car has such a system built it, it's useful for checking your tyre pressures without having to get out of the car. It would be a nice to have on a bike but I doubt anyone bothers...

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
What has GPS and and Googlemaps got to do with Tyre Pressures - you lost me on that one?
Some wireless TPMS pair with your GPS unit.

I've thought about getting one of these, not so much for sudden failure/nails but so I don't have to check it manually all the time. Seems like a really simple cool time saver, and I'll be the first to admit I don't check my tire pressure every single time I get on the bike. Would be interesting to see pressure changes as I ride and tires get up to temp, weather/temperature changes/etc. I like data :grin2:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Some wireless TPMS pair with your GPS unit.

I've thought about getting one of these, not so much for sudden failure/nails but so I don't have to check it manually all the time. Seems like a really simple cool time saver, and I'll be the first to admit I don't check my tire pressure every single time I get on the bike. Would be interesting to see pressure changes as I ride and tires get up to temp, weather/temperature changes/etc. I like data :grin2:
You can get those dust cap indicator ones which you can check visually before riding. I must admit I haven't found tyre pressures to generally be an issue, in that I haven't yet had a bike where the tyres leak so they tend to last the season without inflation. I have however had some wheel/tyre combinations on my cars that need pumping up every a few weeks (which is really annoying)...

·
I want Rossi to fuck my ass...
1,375 Posts
Bummer, I missed the banned-wagon(haha see what I did there?). This was an entertaining Sunday read.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,720 Posts
How about something like a Garmin Zumo 390LM? It's compatible with their tire pressure monitor sensors and allows you to set alarm pressures. You're overspecifying things to require that it display in bars (though there's a chance that you can change the unit display). Maps are available for most of South America, for example.

Getting testy here just days after registering is not a smart thing to do.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
How about something like a Garmin Zumo 390LM? It's compatible with their tire pressure monitor sensors and allows you to set alarm pressures. You're overspecifying things to require that it display in bars (though there's a chance that you can change the unit display). Maps are available for most of South America, for example.

Getting testy here just days after registering is not a smart thing to do.
I was fine until the insults came. But I didn't drop the Hammer on him

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,860 Posts
I could have sworn there was another thread discussing this somewhere recently.
I believe there was, because I believe I also posted in it. If I remember correctly, it was a small display that only showed one pressure at a time and the ratings were not the greatest.
If there was one that was fairly accurate and could show both tire pressure simultaneously, I might actually be interested. I've had TPMS save me a hassle before in my C6, because I was going down the highway and the tire pressure light came on. I saw the pressure was low, and was steadily dropping, and was able to pull over before the tire actually went completely flat.

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
USA! USA! USA! :lol

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts