Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup all,

I've got a shoei rf1000 helmet and its got a mirrored visor and for some reason shoei has chose to put the tinting on the outside so when i bug or rock hits it and scratchs it it ends up leaving it slightly clear in that spot... $70 bucks down the drain... and i dont like using the tear aways... what the question is has anybody used car window tint on the inside of the visor and if have did you have any problems with it.....
Thanks in advance

Chris

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When i bought the bike i got the first one with the helmet (tinted) and the clear one... then it got scratched so i bought a new one and the same thing is happening.... trust me i take good care of my stuff... and its not a cheap knock off cause you can only get them from shoei...

Chris

·
Registered
120 Posts
iridium visors always scratch easier than just plain black ones, i have an iridium on my KBC VR1 which is crap, i have a black one on my AGV Q3R which is about 5 years old and as new, and a black one on my Arai RX7 Corsair, just stick with black, a whole lot easier to look after and stays looking new

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry i should have said that is was the mirror tinted one instead of just tinted.......

chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi DJ Life,

Ive had a bit of a dabble with this...Car window tint film wont work for two reasons,

Firstly as a previous post stated it wont adhere to acrylic or polycarbonate very well also it dont like to bend round the curve of your visor.

There are spray on tints available and I have tinted my clear gixxer windshield with a blue one however they are slightly opaque and they run like a screemin bastard! If you manage to get the spray even and without runs it still has a rough bubbled effect and I certainly wouldnt reccomend it for a visor.

My lid is a Tikachi TK100 and I searched long and hard for an Iridium visor after weeks of searching I posted a wanted on ebay and sure enough an found a one in N Ireland which I won for £20.

Maybe thats worth a try?

Pete

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would put up a wanted post but i dont think anyone manufactures any thing for the shoei line but shoei... i quess ill just have to buy another one

Thanks though,

chris

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
To clean a mirrored visor I would reccommend warm soapy water on a cotton rag
Get it all wet and lay it on the visor
Let it soak for 10 20 minutes
This loosens the bugs and they come off allot easier

I now have a smoked shield on an arai but had a mirrored shield on a KBC. Worked for me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.