Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Hi mate a bit late in the day but may help some one I learnt this trick when I was 7 years old.

If a motor isnt starting

a. Pull the plugs. Turn the engine over see that there is a bright spark at each plug.

b. before puling the plugs try starting the engine with the choke on. So when you pull the plugs look to see if they are wet with gas they should be.to wet and your flooding too dry and your not geting gas in.

This would eliminate your Gas or spark issue.
All this talk of shims do I take it the valves arent adjustable then.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi,

The problems with the valves was resolve.

Now the bike does´n stay in to idle

I can turn on and ride in 1gear but need to accelerate to stay in running, I think that the bike is drowned for gas

-I check the float level and is 17mm top
- Turns pilot screw fit in 1/4 turn
-The jet main, Jet needle and needle jet are clear.

Why the bike dosn´t stay in to idle?

PD: How i can use the timing lamp in the bike for put in right time.

Thank Very much

· Registered
1,712 Posts
have you set the idle adjuster correctly?

when you say 'Turns pilot screw fit in 1/4 turn', what exactly do you mean? that you can only turn them in 1/4 turn (meaning the screws are only 1/4 turn out), or that you turned them in 1/4 turn? if the screws are only 1/4 turn out from all the way in, that's a bit too lean.

you don't need a timing lamp for anything, the ignition timing is electronically controlled.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks Jeff,

I turned them in 1/4 turn.

Yesterday in the night turns pilot screw again but in 1/2 turn, it´s OK or not?

The bike work +/- better, but continue drowned for gas, now I think that is the float Level of the carb, the position i fit in 17mm, Do you think That i Have to change?

· Registered
1,712 Posts
try turning the pilot screws all the way in until they stop, and then turn them all the way out 2 turns. this way, you know exactly where you're at in terms of pilot mixture......if you just turn them in without knowing where they were to begin with, it won't really help much....

· Registered
1,712 Posts
is the bike running rich, though? did the plugs come out very dark?

i don't know the exact float height for your bike, although a fairly good rule of thumb is to set them so that the 'lip' on the floats is parallel with the float bowl mating surface as the tangs on the floats just touch the float valves. (your mileage may vary, though)

· Registered
1,712 Posts
are these the same plugs that were in the bike when the cam timing was messed up?

you should probably replace them.....plugs don't always work so well after they get wet fouled...

but check the float heights anyway, also check the main jet sizes (the number will be stamped on the face of the main jet)....

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.