Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a timing retard eliminator on the way from Ivan's Performance Products. I'm interested if anyone has used this thing and whether they recommend it or not? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
no, i dont think anyone on this board uses one. Why not do a search and see how many posts there are about this

·
Registered
401 Posts
i wont make fun cause you only have 8 posts, but everyone uses it cept me cause i dont have one yet

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have one... it made the first 3 gears smoother... thats the only difference I've been able to notice... then again... I'm a novice rider, so what do I know.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I bought the JSD kit and put it together myself
I notice it is smoother and less backfiring
Also smoother shifts between gears.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Not actually smoother shifts... smother engine speed transitions

·
Registered
185 Posts
yeah dude...this subject has been brought up a million times...just keep looking back through all the pages, you'll find them...tons of info on this subject matter. But real quick, yes it will help out. It will get rid of that delay, throttle will react much quicker and it will be smoother. Wheelies are much easier to power up...IMO.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
You WILL notice a difference if you know your bike pretty well. Feels like added power at just a twist of the throttle. It's not added power, it just comes faster

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the information. My concern was that it smooth out the transition from off-throttle to on-throttle in the lower gears. Sounds like it might help. Cheers.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah dude...this subject has been brought up a million times...just keep looking back through all the pages, you'll find them...tons of info on this subject matter. But real quick, yes it will help out. It will get rid of that delay, throttle will react much quicker and it will be smoother. Wheelies are much easier to power up...IMO.
Thanks for the info. It's the only minor gripe I have with the bike, so I can't wait to install the thing.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no, i dont think anyone on this board uses one. Why not do a search and see how many posts there are about this
I appreciate the advice, but although relatively new to the board, I did complete searches on this subject in all forums going back 1 year. Not much focussed discussion came up about this particular product. That's why I asked. I appreciate the time/comments.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts