Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It advances the ingition timing. (it makes the spark plugs light up a little earlier than usual)

Timing advancers are used to give the motor a little more top end.

IMO dont bother with one unless you are racing it full time.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
i disagree with the above comment. they ar a good additon to your street bike for a tad more kick. they are easy to install and pretty cheap.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yea man I got a +2 Yosh advancer and it made quite a difference. Rev's alot quicker and that plus my 520 kit made me outrun my roommate's 01gix600.

good stuff

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts
Originally posted by BigBro007:
What da hell is a timing advancer and where does it go or how do you do it? How much $ is this mod? Thanks for the help guyz!

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">it does what the name implies and it is installed where the crank pickup sensor is on the right side of the motor. depends on which one you buy they are usually from $50-$100. on my 97 gsxr600 i used the 4 degree advancer and it really woke the bike up its worth the money to do

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
advancer should help your mid range out some you can find some on aftermarket products like vance and hines power pak

·
Registered
130 Posts
What da hell is a timing advancer and where does it go or how do you do it? How much $ is this mod? Thanks for the help guyz!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts