Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
basically the plug in my #2 cylinder popped out.. while ridin'.. yup.. BANG... managed to get it to stay in just enuff and putt home at low low rpms.. anyways..

i tried runnin' a m10x1.0 (thread/pitch of cr10ek) tap thru it.. to no luck of course.... i've been unable to find anywhere online that sells the time-sert sparkplug m10x1.0 spark plug kit.. anyone know where to get this? and approximately how expensive it'll be? =\ ... i keep seein' anywhere from $40-$150+ gr..

oh yea... don't bother suggestin' helicoil... as they're crap. -=]

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Retail price is 91.35 ,.Kit # 4010. Be sure to get some inserts. They come in 9 and 15mm length. .. 1-800-423-4070. If you could find a shop that uses time serts, you could save some money. We charged $40 at the shop I was at and the mechanic would even go to the trouble of rotating the engine until the exhaust valve was open and then putting air pressure in the exhaust pipe. This would blow the metal cuttings out of the hole while you were working. He would also use grease on all the tools so as to capture all metal cuttings.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks ! and yea i might have a shop do it.. but thanks for that # .. i was unable to find any retailer for timesert on the net

1 - 5 of 5 Posts