Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Time for Break-In Service!

632 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  spike52 
#1 ·
Now that it's finally time to do the service, was wondering what type of oil you guys are running. I've heard alot of talk about not puttin full synthetic in until 1000-2000 miles. Suggestions/Comments? Also, what type of oil filter are you using? Suzuki or aftermarket?

Just wanted to open the discussion and get a little feedback!

Thanks!

#2 ·
Do it yourself!!!! don't spend 100 plus fo rthem to molest your baby and of course just use regular suzuki oil filter and Suzuki oil during the first 1000 miles. some change to synthetic eearly some later just depends how you use the bike for. but yeah regular suzuki oil during your initial break in period

next time do a freaking search!

#3 ·
use regular oil and a suzuki filter for the first 2500 miles, then switch to synthetic. and yes, do the service yourself, it will help you more down the road by allowing you to get familiar with what bolts come loose and where everything is.

#6 ·
OH!
, most definetly am going to perform the service myself. I've read enough horror stories here about shotty service, and I don't exactly trust my local dealer. I don't know any of the work first hand, but with the volume of m/c's they sell and the amount of service work they do (constantly jammed), I don't expect the service to be first rate.

I will go with suzuki products, thanks! is a special filter wrench needed?

#8 ·
no ! a tight spot to get to the filter but i think its better to get it off so you will get to see your bike naked for the first time...once you know the way around you can change oil and filter without removing the body at all
+1
See your bike naked... I like to see it every week like this:) When it i snaked, I also clean the invisible parts ( when not naked ) with a WD-40...
Do your service yourself ...

#9 ·
Now that it's finally time to do the service, was wondering what type of oil you guys are running. I've heard alot of talk about not puttin full synthetic in until 1000-2000 miles. Suggestions/Comments? Also, what type of oil filter are you using? Suzuki or aftermarket?

Just wanted to open the discussion and get a little feedback!

Thanks!
Suzuki filter..

Mobil 1 in my '04 since mile 14....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.