Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So yesterday I went on a ride with a couple of my buddies and not 10 minutes into our ride we get pulled over because my buddy does a wheelie and gets pulled over.

On the ticket it says speeding under conditions or something and in parenthesis (Wheelie)

I was wondering how much you think his ticket will be?

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
So yesterday I went on a ride with a couple of my buddies and not 10 minutes into our ride we get pulled over because my buddy does a wheelie and gets pulled over.

On the ticket it says speeding under conditions or something and in parenthesis (Wheelie)

I was wondering how much you think his ticket will be?

http://youtu.be/-p06YCiBOO4
mother-god-meme.jpg

......yeah. That big

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
amazing what the search button does..............
I dont guarantee accuracy of this:

Effective October 1, 2008, HB 137 revises the traffic laws to create a few more penalties. This short bill was particularly focused on unsafe motorcycle activities, but it does include a provision for excessive speed. The new law also provides penalties for the first, second, third or subsequent violations. The Distribution Chart found on the FACC website will be updated to reflect the amounts for the first and second offenses in the Traffic section. The third and subsequent offense is classified as a third degree felony with a $5,000 fine and will appear in the Criminal Traffic section of the chart.

New Violations:
316.2085(2) Motorcycle or moped, wheels losing contact with ground
This is classified as a moving violation.
First Offense: the violator must pay $1,000 plus any other costs assessed for a moving violation. Second Offense: the violator must pay a fine of $2,500, plus any other applicable costs assessed for a moving violation. The person’s driver license must be revoked for a period of one year.
Third Offense: the violator will be charged with a third degree felony, punishable as provided in ss. 775.082, 775.083, and 775.084, a mandatory fine of $5,000, and the driver license must be revoked for a period of ten years.

316.2085(3) Motorcycle or moped license tag improperly affixed
First Offense: the violator must pay $1,000 plus any other costs assessed for a moving violation. Second Offense: the violator must pay a fine of $2,500, plus any other applicable costs assessed for a moving violation. The person’s driver license must be revoked for a period of one year.
Third Offense: the violator will be charged with a third degree felony, punishable as provided in ss. 775.082, 775.083, and 775.084, a mandatory fine of $5,000, and the driver license must be revoked for a period of ten years.

316.1926 (2) A person who exceeds the speed limit in excess of 50 mph or more in violation of ss.
316.183(2) (posted speeds), 316.187(state speed zones), or 316.189 (municipal and county speeds)
First Offense: the violator must pay a fine of $1,000 plus court costs.
Second Offense: the violator must pay a fine of $2,500 plus court costs and the driver license must be revoked for a period of one year.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Why were you two being chicken shit? Get up there and stick with your bro.

Leaving him on his own only has officers solidifying their ticket writing.

Tell them coppers you were dashing from smelly HD riders with chains and clubs.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wasn't worried about getting in trouble because I wasn't really doing anything wrong, and honestly I thought he was going to run but obviously he didn't lol

·
One of the Jersey Boys
1,013 Posts
in Jeresey its reckless driving, 5 points and a hefty fine. Problem is insurance surcharges will get ya.

·
Registered
187 Posts
We are in California .
Fight the ticket & maybe the cop won't show . . .

We wheelie in the dirt all the time !

It's safer for a pot hole ?

Red, *<:){)-

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
316.1926 (2) A person who exceeds the speed limit in excess of 50 mph or more in violation of ss.
316.183(2) (posted speeds), 316.187(state speed zones), or 316.189 (municipal and county speeds)
First Offense: the violator must pay a fine of $1,000 plus court costs.
Second Offense: the violator must pay a fine of $2,500 plus court costs and the driver license must be revoked for a period of one year.
This is what we have in Ontario......

Street Racers and Aggressive Drivers – Effective September 30, 2007

The legislation includes tough measures for those who choose to race on Ontario’s roads, including higher fines and longer suspensions:

• The maximum fine increases from $1,000 to $10,000 upon conviction for street racing, making it the highest penalty in Canada. The minimum fine increases from $200 to $2,000.
  • Police can issue an immediate seven-day driver’s licence suspension and seven-day vehicle impoundment for street racing, participating in a driving contest or stunt driving.
  • Courts can impose a driver licence suspension of up to 10 years for a second conviction, if the second conviction occurs within 10 years of the first. For a first conviction, the maximum licence suspension period remains at 2 years.
  • The definition of a “driving stunt” includes driving a motor vehicle at 50 km/h or more above the posted speed limit.
  • The Act also bans driving a motor vehicle on a highway with a connected nitrous oxide system. Some street racers use nitrous oxide to enhance the acceleration capabilities of their vehicles.
For more information on street racing and aggressive driving, please go to:

FYI, 50 Km/h is about 30 MPH.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
In Ontario, they nail your ass to the wall with street racing/stunting which is a $1000-10000 dollar fine (depending on your history - decided in court!) + 7 day impound of the vehicle in use, and a grand finale of a 30 day licence suspension. My wife would kick my ass! Literally!

Get a GOOD lawyer! Don't take any chances in court without a lawyer present. Seriously.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha well he is going to go to court and try to fight it, but I will post how much the ticket is once I find out

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
Damn it! I was still typing!

You need to type faster, that was 8 minutes between my post and yours. :lmao

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
About this Discussion
55 Replies
34 Participants
Rampage05
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing