Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
good luck Gixxer! guess that i came in 3rd.

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
I got one of those, they are light but mine has kinda a sloppy weld job on it, hopefully yours will look bettter.
Bobbychet

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aaaah the joys of ebay.... I got a non paying bidder....

So 317 do you still want it? Pm me...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I can make stuff like that all day long, and you should see my welds. Bobby what do you want for the one you have? I'll blueprint it and make each of us one( for a price
)

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
YOU GOT ACCESS TO TITANIUNM.?!!!!!!
where do you work N.A.S.A..??

·
Registered
55 Posts
I can't comment on my interaction with NASA but I get Titanium at the local steel peddler. I checked the price of it today and man is it expensive. I can get a 3/8' O.D. solid round at 20' for $165. After running the numbers, it would take more than $35 each to break even to make 8 of them from 1 stick of material. Hardly worth it at $40 each, no wonder Ti parts are so expensive. Sounds like Flackos deal is/was a good one.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yep, it doesnt look solid....

edit:
mmmmm on second thought it might be solid, I can flex it just a -tiny- bit with my hands.... 3/8 tubing cant be that hard...

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
oh yeah try to buy titanium T.I.G. welding rods then you'll see
how expensive it will get
oh i'd say then if you performed that kind of test then its tubing if it bent that easy round stock is not only more heavier and expenive it'll be tougher to bend

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Mine actually had"3/8 tubing" stamped on it I removed it with some steel wool
A very sturdy piece and extremely light too!

Bobbychet

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well.... since 317 passed, and astroman too (no paypal), then does anyone here wants this hanger??? $40 shipped,

PM me for my paypal address.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts