Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently installed a R-11 Yoshimura SS FULL exhaust on my 18’ GSX1000R. I notice when I stop or moving under one 2 mph and I’m in first gear my machine surges up to 2 to 3000 RPMs consistently. Sounds terrible does anybody have any idea what this could be?

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Its normal to have some surging at idle. Im not sure about that much rpm. Even after an ecu flash it will stull surge a little. Not sure if you can just throw a full system on it and not change some things in the ecu. It probably needs a flash by someone that knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Read the OP again, you didn’t mention anything for tuning. Ecuflash, power commander, etc. If you put a full system on a dead stock bike you need to have it tuned.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Read the OP again, you didn’t mention anything for tuning. Ecuflash, power commander, etc. If you put a full system on a dead stock bike you need to have it tuned.
Your check engine light is on too, its prob the 02 sensor. Like we just asked you for more info but im willing to bet you just put the exhaust on and did nothing else so thats the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your check engine light is on too, its prob the 02 sensor. Like we just asked you for more info but im willing to bet you just put the exhaust on and did nothing else so thats the problem.
Also I ran the dealer mode. The Check Engine light and FI code translate to C46 which is the exhaust control value. I ordered a Servo buddy... hopefully it eliminates it. But I think I’ll still need a tune.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts