Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a completely stock 06 600 and am looking to eliminate the throttle jerkiness that seems apparent in the 600's that I have ridden. I took the bike to the stealership and they adjusted most of the freeplay out of the cable and it has seemed to help. I am considering the R1 throttle tube mod as I just got my new grips in and figured it would be a perfect time to do it. In addition I have read some posts about using the Power Commander, but I didnt know how much difference it would make on a stock bike. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

·
Registered
418 Posts
SET Removal helped my bike a ton. There is a really good tutorial on here with pictures on how to do it. It smoothed my throttle response out a lot bot on and off the throttle. Goodluck!

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Trade your 600 for something like a ninja 250?

Shouldn't have any more problems with too much throttle response. :lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
My 06 is doing that too, I have been given the same SET advice. At first I thought 'WTF am I being retarded'.... but it is the bike and it only happens every once in awhile. Hopefully I can get it taken care of soon.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Milosh said:
I would say try wrist control.

No problems with throttle response on my bike.
No dice. I can be lunging like all hell.. shut off the bike, start it up and it's smooth as glass. Shut it off to get gas, get back on, and it's lunging like hell again.

Guessing game

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.