Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone give me a run down on how to adjust the throttle position sensor on a 01 1k?
Im sure this has been discussed before, but a search brought up nothing. I know how to get to dealer mode. Where do I go from there?

·
Registered
236 Posts
basically, when you open up your tank...standing on the throttle side, you can see 2 of the same kind sensor! adjust the lower right sensor...

you got to use a different kind of allen key to turn open the screw of the sensor before you can adjust the sensor itself...when the screw is loose(do not screw the whole thing out),switch ON the bike and ON the dealer mode...adjust idling to 1150rpms...then you can start adjusting the sensor...some prefer to adjust during bike idling at 1150, but some prefer to adjust during bike stalled but still key is still switched on(as of manual)..

simply use your fingers to give a slight twist. clockwise should make the C00 bar lower, while anticlockwise shld make the bar to the upper level...

you will want to achieve the bar at the middle level...lock back the screw again...careful it might goes back to lower level again...you might want to hold the tps and lock back...

hope it helps...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts