Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Check both primary and secondary TPS; either one failing will not let the ECU know where the secondary throttle plates should be positioned. If both check correctly then check the IAP, it can be getting incorrect values and trying to compensate.

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,124 Posts
Can you see FI flashing on the lower right corner of the dash? If so, switch to dealer mode to get the error code or codes. Is there any history as to how this developed? Any idea as to where the clicking might be coming from? It sounds like it's not running on all 4 cylinders, or not running properly at any rate and, given the clicking, I wonder if a plug cap might not be seated properly and it's sparking at the plug terminal producing the click. It's a long shot though and besides, it might well be more than one issue (which is why the history is important).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for responding....there are no error codes while in dealer mode and also no FI light flashing. The bike was bought at an auction. I changed all spark plugs and also the coils. From the sound of the ticking it sounds as if it's coming from the #1 cylinder.

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,124 Posts
With the bike cold, try starting it up, running it for a few seconds (not more than 10 or so) and the lightly and *quickly* tapping each exhaust header. See if one or more of them (especially #1) is colder than the others. That would be a sign it's not firing properly or at all. Also make sure its plug cap is properly seated and if so, try swapping it with another cylinder's and see if the source of the ticking sound migrates accordingly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts