Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys
I picked up a k6 600 last year and immediately faced an issue where whenever I was coming to a stop and I pulled the clutch in, the bike would lose power and kill the engine, as if there was no idle / I hit the killswitch
It would usually start right back up when I press the started and give it a little gas, but the problem persisted and I've never been able to wrap my head around the problem.
Note: it wouldn't stall 100% of the time, some days it'll happen more than once, others it won't happen at all

My second issue is, at random times throughout my commutes, the throttle would be hesitant while holding it at a steady RPM, I initially thought the issue was with the EVCA (Can't remember the exact name), so I took the time to adjust it correctly, as well as checking & adjusting the exhaust valve, but that didn't seem to solve the issue.

I'm waiting for a time until I'm able to take the top end off and check valve clearances & cam chain / guides / tensioner & clean throttle bodies, but would like to know if anyone else has faced similar issues with their bike

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,170 Posts
An obvious possibility for the stalling problem, would be improperly set idle. Once fast idle is disengaged (say a couple of minutes after starting the engine) the idle speed should fall to whatever is specified in the service manual (about 1350rpm probably). If it's below that try raising it.

Apart from that, you might have cracks or rips in the vacuum hoses running from the intakes to the IAP sensor. One easy test for that, is to disconnect the IAPS electrically and see if that makes a difference to the problem. If it does, try inspecting and replacing the hoses.

Vacuum leaks could also account for your hesitation issues, as might a worn TPS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An obvious possibility for the stalling problem, would be improperly set idle. Once fast idle is disengaged (say a couple of minutes after starting the engine) the idle speed should fall to whatever is specified in the service manual (about 1350rpm probably). If it's below that try raising it.

Apart from that, you might have cracks or rips in the vacuum hoses running from the intakes to the IAP sensor. One easy test for that, is to disconnect the IAPS electrically and see if that makes a difference to the problem. If it does, try inspecting and replacing the hoses.

Vacuum leaks could also account for your hesitation issues, as might a worn TPS.
I adjusted the idle to be exactly 1,300 RPM's not too long after I noticed the issue with no change.
I'll give the IAP sensor a go as, I remember adjusting the TPS when I first experienced the stalling issue, but I didn't thoroughly check if it maintained the middle level whilst riding, so I'll give that a go as well.
Thanks for your recommendations, super keen to get this problem fixed!

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,170 Posts
When adjusting the TPS, note that you should do it with the engine warmed up (so that fast idle is disengaged) and idling at the proper speed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts