Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

throttle cut under 3K rpm

583 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Mattdatme 
#1 ·
09 gsxr 600 stock except for slipon and cut exhaust valve cables

Very strange issue to even describe please bare with me
I have an apparent loss of fuel or ignition (after its warm 185ish) under 3k rpm. while slowing down (rolling off throttle) as soon as it gets to 3K its almost as if the ignition/fuel is cut BOGGGG like the bike is off until it RPMs lower enough to get caught by the idol. while in this 3k-1k range if i get back on the throttle its a harsh hit back on then roll off and BOGGGGG again.

I have already swapped out entire throttle body including injectors and all associated sensors/ valves, new plugs and also IAT sensor. (removing battery to try and reset everything) change in IAT sensors seems to have changed temp at witch this starts to 150's now but could mean nothing as well. also a possibility of the used sensors i purchased having the same issues.

I realize it sounds ridiculous Ive actually been a technician for 8 years and wrenched at multiple shops back in the day never came across anything like this.

#4 ·
Help I’m having the same issue on an 08gsx650f no FI light but it does say “chec”. In neutral As soon as the bike is started will rev up to about 10k but after 10 seconds and in gear will only rev up to 5k max. I’ve checked air filter fuel filter changed spark plugs oil and oil filter and put seafoam in the gas tank to try and help unclog injectors if they are clogged but nothing has helped. Fuel line isn’t pinched anywhere anyone have any ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.