Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 2000 750 stolen got her back in pieces I'm having a issue with the two throttle cables how do I get them back on and how or wich position do they go back on

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just think about it one is a pull and the other cable is a push.

Look at your throttle body one way it opens/turn with tension that would be the pull and other way is where push goes..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then you can't afford the bike.
Why would u reply if you were Gunna be rude I had 2 bikes stolen along with almost everything me and my wife owned by some jerk with an attitudes as bad as your this being 2 years after I was almost killed from being rear ended by some lady texting on her phone so I'm sorry if I come off rude but your comment was rude

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just think about it one is a pull and the other cable is a push.

Look at your throttle body one way it opens/turn with tension that would be the pull and other way is where push goes..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you sir and you are right I was looking for some kind of diagram or procedure but thank you

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,653 Posts
Search around for one that you can download for free. Even something from a later year, as close as possible to yours, ought to be useful as things like throttle cables don't change that much. Get the part numbers of your cables and check what other years/models use them. That should be a good indication of what manuals to be looking for.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,402 Posts
Why would u reply if you were Gunna be rude I had 2 bikes stolen along with almost everything me and my wife owned by some jerk with an attitudes as bad as your this being 2 years after I was almost killed from being rear ended by some lady texting on her phone so I'm sorry if I come off rude but your comment was rude

All that mess in your life and you buy back a wrecked bike without the basic mechanical knowledge to replace a throttle cable and don't have enough money to buy a service manual. Your priorities are fucked up. A motorcycle is a toy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts