Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the propoer tension for the throttle cables.
I was out riding and the bike ran great except it would want to die after a few miles. then if i hit a stop light it would just cut off. I had to do roadside surgery to adjust the idle and the throttle cables just to get ti to start again but then after a few more miles it did the same thing.

I cant tell if it is my choke that is messed up or the throttle. I would pull the choke lever to try and start it and it would start and rev really high but then if pulled on the throttel it would just die.

what are the proper settings for the throttle lever (or those nuts)? what is the space bewteen the nuts supposed to be?

thank you.
i hope this is the last repair - i am tired of fixing this thing with tractor trailers buzzing on the highway.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Well it could be several things. Check to make sure that you are getting adequate fuel to the carbs, that might be one prob. I would also check to make sure that you choke isn't messed up.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Sorry to hi-jack thread...

My choke is buggered! Went to work the other day (was -1 c when i left for work) with the choke open - it then appeared to stick open! Bike was revving at 5000 rpm on idle! DOH! The cable then appeared to free itself, now the choke has no effect whatsoever - i think the cable must have snapped!

CHOKE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts