Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, im been reading the forums here and other forums about the throttle sync. The service manual states it should bee sync at 1300 rpm however others are stating it should be sync at cruising rpm aroud 4-5k. planning to sync the throttle body this weekend, any info will be helpful.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,922 Posts
I'd sooner trust the manual than random people that have no expertise in anything mechanical trying to say that something else works better. Especially considering they're the same type of people that claim a "fix" like misadjusting the TPS is an actual fix.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,783 Posts
Miscellaneous comments (these relate to my K6 1000 but I'd think would also apply to yours):

The multichannel vacuum gauge that Suzuki shows is the Kowa Seiki KEK-55-64. It's nice but expensive ($600+). Even the 09913-13121 vacuum balancer gauge, now discontinued, was $200+. Used ones appear on ebay from time to time. AFAIK the Silmar 317400 is a copy of the balancer gauge, but it's difficult to find outside of South America. I assume that you'll be using manometers, multiple dial vacuum gauges, or the Motion Pro gauge. I put together a digital gauge from parts that I already happened to have. It works fine but to build it from newly purchased parts would have cost more than the Kowa Seiki.

Some ebay silicone tubing made things easier because it's so flexible. I found it difficult to get the OEM vacuum hose off of the throttle body nipples and much easier to connect to the vacuum hoses where they tee together.

I made a lighted switch plus indicator light that I plug into the fan relay socket so that I can turn the fan on manually. This allows me to operate for extended periods without overheating. Instead it warms up to 175° F and sits there.

I found the adjustment screws hard to reach so I made a custom screwdriver of the right length and diameter, 5½" x 6 mm round, to more easily engage the screws. Numbering the flutes on the handle made it easier to keep track of how many turns I was making.

·
Registered
336 Posts
While we're at it, I use the carb tuner pro, its a manometer, so it must be held at the correct angle for optimal readings.

Apart from getting it all set up, I find it really needs to be at operational temp to get good results, keep checking rpm, adjust when needed, and do the TPS as well.

·
Squid
3,564 Posts
Does anybody else have the motion pro manometer? I noticed that the gauges respond at different rates when I draw on the hose. They can all be calibrated to the same height at a given RPM, but as the liquid goes up and down the scale while connected to the same vacuum, the readings diverge. Makes me not want to use the tool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts