Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had any experience with turbocharging a bike? Id love to do it if i could.....I know its been done, and that they sell kits for it; but is it financially feasible for an average person? and will the power gains peel paint off of my helmet when im yankin something down the road?

hmm....

just wondering....probably too much power for a pussy like me.

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
has anyone had any experience with turbocharging a bike? Id love to do it if i could.....I know its been done, and that they sell kits for it; but is it financially feasible for an average person? and will the power gains peel paint off of my helmet when im yankin something down the road?

hmm....

i have a turbo on my 750, pushing 38 psi, i also have a 100 shot of n2o that i strap to my back everytime i ride.....it puts down 568 bwhp, and 1000bwtq, i also have it at stock height, and stock swingarm.

its possible, but i dont see why unless all you do is drag race

·
Registered
65 Posts
In the latest super streetbike magazine a guy turbo charged his zx6r Pick up that mag, the guy homebuilt the kit for his bike. Hope it helps...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Why would one want to TC if they dont race?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
i have a turbo on my 750, pushing 38 psi, i also have a 100 shot of n2o that i strap to my back everytime i ride.....it puts down 568 bwhp, and 1000bwtq, i also have it at stock height, and stock swingarm.

Can I see a picture of this bike, and a dyno slip?

Unless this is a prostreet drag bike, a bike with that kind of power would of been in like every performance bike magazine.... Especially putting out almost 2 times more torque than HP. Since usually its the other way around, twice as much HP as Torque

Scott

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts

Unless this is a prostreet drag bike, a bike with that kind of power would of been in like every performance bike magazine.... Especially putting out almost 2 times more torque than HP. Since usually its the other way around, twice as much HP as Torque

Scott
And the sarcasm in that post flies right over your head. Don't mind him, he thought this is squid farm.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts

hmm....

Turbos arent really practical for street riding. And you will get like zero gas mileage... (not really, but it will go down). Its pretty easy to do, but kinda pricey, and on a 600 you need alot more performance engine parts, because the compression is so high you need custom low compression forged turbo pistons.... or a custom made jug spacer, then stock pistons will handle about 5-7 psi. With turbo pistons you can handle about 30 psi of boost(intercooled). The average calculation for power gains with a turbo, is 1psi of boost = 10 RWHP 1 psi Intercooled Boost = 12-15 RWHP.

The kits are about 3000-4000 bucks. You can make your own kit, by buying the parts needed, then do all your own plumbing work. You will need to upgrade your fuel pump, and have a PC3.

Check this site for turbo info: www.nlrsystems.com

Got any questions, post back up, PM me or email me!

Scott

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts

Scott
the nitrous strapped to my back gives me all that torque.......

dude, i was just bustin' some balls

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I know you were, I was just calling your bluff.... I am just trying to give this guy some helpful info thats all.

Scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts