Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed last weekend at Putnam my front rotors are slightly warped. So, I've been shopping around for new rotors. I've been checking out the Galfer wave rotors and also the EBC rotors. Are they worth the $$$, or should I just stick with OEM. I'll be using HH pads, if that makes any difference. Thoughts....anyone?.........Thanks

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel a pulsing in the lever and the bars. It's nothing really severe, but it is noticable. It only happens when I'm on the brakes. Otherwise, the bike is smooth. What else could it be?

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
I have used Galfers on my 600 and 1000 with no problems, and they helped alot with lever fade.

I also use EBC on my CBR 900 streetbike and no problems there. With the price of EBC they are a hard deal to pass up.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
if you feel a pulseing in the leaver then it most likely is the rotors, I had on my bike a slight quick jutter feeling in my bars when i would break after a couple laps. I just softened the rebound on the forks and it went away. how old are your pads?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's an 04 gixxer 600. I bought it used with about 2400 miles on it. Since then I've been to Barber and Putnam. I'm still using the OEM pads. But I'm about to order some HH's once I get this rotor issue sorted out.

I doubt I'll have new rotors before I get out to mid-ohio, so I'll try playing around with the rebound just to be sure.

·
Registered
727 Posts
For a strictly race bike, I'm happiest with the EBC race rotors. The softer metal along with HH or kit pads sure ads bite.

Anyone try those new ceramics from Brake Tech? Looks like a very interesting product.

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Your probably better off buying a brembo MC, stock rotors are very good

1 - 9 of 9 Posts