Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 750 is not running right I thought had a exhaust leak but that was not the issue I have air coming out the small hole is this an easy fix or am I [email protected]#ked?

·
Registered
285 Posts
First, we ask new members to post an introduction in the 'starting line' area.
Tell us a little about yourself, like riding experience, past/present rides?
Second, this is the wrong area for this post.
You will get better results if you post your question in the proper area.

And check out this thread here:
https://www.gixxer.com/threads/oil-leak-right-under-header.251613/
These ports are runoff from the spark plug slots. You say you are having exhaust coming out of this one?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,761 Posts
"These ports are runoff from the spark plug slots. You say you are having exhaust coming out of this one?"
+1 on that. They're drain holes for oil or water that happens to get into the spark plug wells, typically from a leaking valve cover seal. They're hard to see but you can see them if you look carefully into the wells. There shouldn't ever be air coming out them. I wonder if your spark plugs aren't properly tightened. I guess that another possibility is that your head is somehow cracked. But that's unlikely.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"These ports are runoff from the spark plug slots. You say you are having exhaust coming out of this one?"
+1 on that. They're drain holes for oil or water that happens to get into the spark plug wells, typically from a leaking valve cover seal. They're had to see but you can see them if you look carefully into the wells. There shouldn't ever be air coming out them. I wonder if your spark plugs aren't properly tightened. I guess that another possibility is that your head is somehow cracked. But that's unlikely.
I investigated the spark plug after I learned about the oil and water drain......the spark plug broke inside when I took some needle noses to pull out the other half the spark plug came with it, the scary part is the tip of the spark plug is missing so I hope it melted away and is not stuck in the bottom and I dont know yet if the treads have been stripped to the plug chamber

·
8,761 Posts
"the tip of the spark plug is missing so I hope it melted away and is not stuck in the bottom and I dont know yet if the treads have been stripped to the plug chamber"
I don't follow all that. If you're referring to the terminal on the top of the plug, Suzuki uses a stud type and all you should see is the threaded stud as if the terminal nut was removed, i.e. it never was there. If you're referring to the ground or center electrode, they should definitely be there and you could have internal damage if they're not. But if you're still wondering about threads "stripped to the plug chamber", you probably don't know what the electrodes look like.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[/QUOTE]
First, we ask new members to post an introduction in the 'starting line' area.
Tell us a little about yourself, like riding experience, past/present rides?
Second, this is the wrong area for this post.
You will get better results if you post your question in the proper area.

And check out this thread here:
https://www.gixxer.com/threads/oil-leak-right-under-header.251613/
These ports are runoff from the spark plug slots. You say you are having exhaust coming out of this one?
thanks I didn’t know I’ve been out the forum game for a while tryin to get back in the swing of thjngs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"the tip of the spark plug is missing so I hope it melted away and is not stuck in the bottom and I dont know yet if the treads have been stripped to the plug chamber"
I don't follow all that. If you're referring to the terminal on the top of the plug, Suzuki uses a stud type and all you should see is the threaded stud as if the terminal nut was removed, i.e. it never was there. If you're referring to the ground or center electrode, they should definitely be there and you could have internal damage if they're not. But if you're still wondering about threads "stripped to the plug chamber", you probably don't know what the electrodes look like.
I posted 2 picture to show what I’m talkin about

·
8,761 Posts
Even if the plug was original to the bike, it looks to be in poor condition for a protected environment. So bad things may have been going on. Take a look at this:
and this:
I like the idea of using a small powerful magnet to look for the electrode. But it's critical that you don't lose the magnet inside. It's probably best that the piston be close to the bottom of it's stroke while fishing. They didn't fully explain things but it sounds like the car was driven for a while with the electrode bouncing around inside, in which case the piston probably looks like that of the chain saw.

A loose spark plug will run hot and apparently rattle around, promoting electrode failure. That might have happened to you.

Once you're sure that the electrode is out, do a compression test. It would be nice if you could check things with a fiber optic probe. But few people have them.

I couldn't tell why your coil had failed, unless it had something to do with the plug running hot.

P.S. Don't know if it applies to you but take a look here, including the video at the end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts