Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did the 520 conversion on my 2003 gsxr 600 not to long ago and did my sprockets
-1 up front and +2 in the back. It is a really nice mod and gives some good pull to the bike BUT im thinking about changing back to stock gearing as it makes the revs way higher. I do have a small 20 min commute to work on the highway and the higher revs are very much noticeable. My question is has anyone that had the same gearing as me change back to stock for the same reason? Im in awe of what to do because i love the pull of the gearing but miss the lower revs. Questions? Comments?

·
Big Willow FTW
3,771 Posts
well the revs arent that bad. I take the high way alot and i still get good gas mileage. i mean do what you need to do but if u want performance stick with the gearing you got. if your just using your bike to get to and from work and alot of high way use go stock gearing. thats just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do go to work but its not that long of a drive. I use it more for pleasure and I do love the gearing so i think im going to keep it. Cause yeah i guess the revs arnt bad for it. I mean its designed for that right
Quick question. When your going around the city what revs are you at when your just cruising? Cause for me im around about 6000 and then ill shift at about 6500. Sound about right? Just cause i have a two bros pipe and it just roars so sometimes it throws me off and it sounds like its bad for my bike. Also what were the stock teeth for our bike? Cause in your post it says you have 15/47 thats -1 +2 right? Just want to check because Im going to order a speedo healer and need to do the calculations. Where did you get yours. whats the best place to order it from? I will have to order it online cause im in canada and the dealerships here dont carry it. Also one more quick question. For the calculation for speedo healer on the website it automatically puts in factory Speedo Error at +5.5. Do i leave that in while making the calculation. And should I click "best compromise" for the speedo/odometer. Or is it better to use one or the other. Sorry for the long post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts