Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Il Padre Guinnea
6,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for some input about adding wood grips to my newly aquired smith 642. Im looking for this to take up most of my carry duties and not going to be a range plinker by any means. I love the gun btw I just have one issue. I am carrying it 4 to 6 oclock position IWB and the rubber grip constantly snags and sticks to my shirt. It's a pita to keep making sure my shirt is down and it's not wrapped up inbetween the grip and waist. The rosewood grips are hella sexy but mainly want to replace the rubber with some wood so I can solve this issue. Im looking for some input before I go and spend $60 that they arent too smooth and they are manageable in hand. I would imagine laquered wood would be pretty slippery with a little moisture on the hand but I could be wrong. Thanx in advance and im just basically looking for a yay or nay to solve my problem without sacrificing "too much" grip. :cheers

·
GDC's only parttime ninja
1,027 Posts
I would say it would be slippery but I it had any gnurling that would be extra traction that's my .02 I honestly have no exp. With wood grips

·
Il Padre Guinnea
6,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say it would be slippery but I it had any gnurling that would be extra traction that's my .02 I honestly have no exp. With wood grips

Yea some come with slight checkering. I just don't want to lose my sidearm out of my hand while in a gunfight with zombies and end up getting taken out while I fumble on the floor with it. I just know they are very common and not always for asthetic reasons.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Get a subcompact glock.:dunno

But on a serious note. If you want, buy the grips and if they seem to slippery(which I doubt) buy some grip tape to apply to the grip where ever you feel you need it.

Just remember a CCW is about function, not about aesthetics.

·
Il Padre Guinnea
6,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get a subcompact glock.:dunno

But on a serious note. If you want, buy the grips and if they seem to slippery(which I doubt) buy some grip tape to apply to the grip where ever you feel you need it.

Just remember a CCW is about function, not about aesthetics.
Already have a G26.

Im asking about function if you read the post. :facepalm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts