·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Those rear axle adjuster dohicky..... Who made them agai

You talking about the chain adjusters?? If you are, Gilles makes them:

web page
That's them.

I think I may have to drop the $$ I absolutly freaking hate adjusting the chain only to be thrown off whe the bolt is tightened.

However I wonder since these bolt in I guess you still coulden't go by the notches...

·
Registered
595 Posts

Yeah, I hear you - you get the chain at the perfect tension only to have it move when you tighten the bolt
I think I may get some myself, plus they look trick!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

we got a couple of these in blk/gold/ti if you want to give us a ring.
Shoot me a PM with the price,

1) Titanium color, no lift brackets needed
2) 2005 GSXR 1000 is the bike
3) Are the in stock on your shelf, or would they be drop shipped?

Thanks, Scott

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts

Why are you guys playing with the adjustment? You dont have to loosen the adjusters to get the wheel off. First off I keep my chain loose for better swingarm travel, like 1.5-2 inch of free slack with weight on the seat.

Heres how I do it! Break the lug loose half way, grab a rubber mallet hit the nut. Take off the nut grab the axle with your hand pull it out. Everything will fall out.. Do not loosen the adjuster!

To put everything back on, have one of the side spacer on the axle tube. Hold the wheel and all the spacer to it together in your hand. Slider the whole thing in, make sure chain is around the sprocket. Slip the axle through, before running it through place the spacer in the swingarm, and do the same for the other side.

Now with your help smack the back of your tire pushing it forward, a few wacks will set your spacers right on the adjusters. Start to tighten axle nut and hit the tire... I have heard of guess using handles shoved in between the chain and sprocket to push the wheel forward, but ive never done that. My way I can take off a wheel in 5 sec's and mount the wheel in 30 sec's tops

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

Not sure how on how new of a bike you can use these on? I know farther up than 02 models though. It's on the Intuitive web site. And if it is just the chain issue, these would work for lot's cheaper. And sure it's not as cool. clicky click

·
Registered
2,351 Posts

kneedragger seems to be a little cheaper ..surprised . comes withthe adjuster and lifter as a set for 195. now add that adjuster and lifter at indysuperbike, they are more.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts

Damn, 2 month wait......
what do you mean 2 month? they are actually pastdue and dealers are unsure now of its arrival. 2 months from due date? thast too much if thast what you mean

·
Premium Member
11,910 Posts

Well, well, well, very strange stuff going on here huh?

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts

Just flip the axle around to where the nut's on the right side and you won't have a problem....

·
Registered
72 Posts

been waiting 7 weeks now for mine. Indy keeps telling me next monday next monday. and the thing that pisses me off is that they are completely unapologetic and they get defensive when I sound disappointed. Im never rude to them or anything I just hint that im bothered. They told me 2 weeks tops when I paid for them.

I wont be going through them again. I talked to Corey at Motomummy.com and he said gregg from greggs customs is making some that area little beefier after one of the R1 guys had his snap and he now cant get his axle out. Im pretty frustrated.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts

depends if you order them from lp direct or go overseas to get them.
so do you have them in stock right now ready to ship it out? if yes what are you guys waiting for?!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts