Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So check this out, I am in the army and just last week they started cracking down on bikes and riders. I currently have the greggs customs flush mount signals in the front and they told me I had to get rid of them because they are not DOT approved. So I shrugged it off and thought it would blow over. Well now they told me if I don't remove them they are going to hammer me with harsh punishment. The criteria is that the turn signal needs to protrude from the center of the fairing on a post or stud like fashion. So I really don't want to put the stock ones back on so I ordered this plate to fit in there that the Lockhart signals can mount to.But I still really don't like it. I also looked at getting the new 1000's mirrors to fit on my 750 but saw pictures of someone that did it and I really didn't like how they looked either. So I am open to any and all suggestions that you all may have. Sorry it's a long post but I am bitter!!!!! Oh yeah and by the way the greggs signals will probobly be up for grabs in a few days if anyone is interested. They are blue w/clear lenses and amber led's. Thanx in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!javascript:void(0)

·
Registered
815 Posts
So check this out, I am in the army and just last week they started cracking down on bikes and riders. I currently have the greggs customs flush mount signals in the front and they told me I had to get rid of them because they are not DOT approved. So I shrugged it off and thought it would blow over. Well now they told me if I don't remove them they are going to hammer me with harsh punishment. The criteria is that the turn signal needs to protrude from the center of the fairing on a post or stud like fashion. So I really don't want to put the stock ones back on so I ordered this plate to fit in there that the Lockhart signals can mount to.But I still really don't like it. I also looked at getting the new 1000's mirrors to fit on my 750 but saw pictures of someone that did it and I really didn't like how they looked either. So I am open to any and all suggestions that you all may have. Sorry it's a long post but I am bitter!!!!! Oh yeah and by the way the greggs signals will probobly be up for grabs in a few days if anyone is interested. They are blue w/clear lenses and amber led's. Thanx in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!javascript:void(0)
Too bad they are blueand not black or they would have been sold to ME!

I'm on an AF base and they are not as petty as that. Sucks you have to sell them.

Good luck bro.

Joey

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hawaii state law says that you need to have rear and front tirn signals. So the arm signal thing is out, but I appreciate the input from you all. I just think it sucks that I can invest money into something nice and the state depicts how it can look. I usually do use hand signals anyways because drivers out here are retarded to begin with. But I guess I will try some other alternatives. Thanx!!!!!!!!

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
What base are you stationed at? I'm in the Army but I live on a Marine Corps base. A friend of mine was down at Camp Pendleton and they told him the same shit. I thought he was on something until I see they are fucking with you about. Have you checked the motorcycle codes for the state your in?

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
If you can, it always helps to get a DMV regulations book. I had one years ago when I had my lifted truck. I always consuilted it to see what was legal. Kept it with me in the truck. Got pulled over by a Champaign, IL county deputy one time. Started giving me a lot of shit about the height of the truck and all. I got out the book and showed it to him. He gave me the book back and I drove off and left him standing beside the road. (Kind of "ballsy", but I was pissed.)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Check ARMY regualtion AR 190-5 and AR 385-55, this is what they are going by.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Do you have the new DA cops on post or are they the MP's still? I was in the Army as an MP and the Army is starting to cross over to hiring civilians as the cops. I ask, because they are alot more strict then Garrison MP's. Good luck to ya.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.