Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02' 1000 w/ 21k miles on it. Whenever i accelerate hard, i get a complete fuel cut-off or ignition kill. I dont know if its mechanical or electrical. I've been trying to diagnose this for about a week. My Fi light comes on but doesnt give me any error codes when i use the paper clip. I've tried switching tanks and fuel pump, disconnecting the exhaust servo cables, checking every electrical connection i can think of, adjusting the throttle position sensor, checking all coil overs, removing the secondary butterflies in the throttle bodies....
.... Nothing seems to make any difference to fix the problem. I of course changed everything back after realizing that they werent helping the problem any. I was thinking maybe the fuel injectors might need cleaning or something.
Anyone else have a similar problem????? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Re: This Sucks!! Ignition or fuel cuts out under heavy accel

I've never had the problem on a bike, but I would suggest cleaning the injectors and replacing the fuel filter. There was a post on here, less than a week ago, where a guy was having problems for over a week until he cleaned the injectors.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: This Sucks!! Ignition or fuel cuts out under heavy accel

cool. ill try cleaning the injectors tomm. It definately wasnt the fuel pump or filter though cause i switched out tanks with one of my friends just to check it and it did the same thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi there

didyou ever get to the bottom of the problem? I have a K1 in my hillclimb car and it started doing exactly the same last weekend. reckon its either th ecu re boting (possible bad connection somewhere) or fuel pump or fuel pump relay?

thanks

jonrarit

·
Banned
76 Posts
I have seen a similar incident in the shop working on a customers m/c. If you have checked everything that you said you did I can think of 2 things that it may be. Both are very easy to do and your going to shit yourself when I say this so don't rule it out until you have throughly done these 2 steps:

1.) Check for a loose battery terminals. Believe it or not this happens more often
than you think. What happens is that the bolt that holds the terminal to the
battery becomes loose and under normal riding doesn't present any problems
but when rpm's increase so does the vibration and then the terminals lose
connection and gives the bike a sputter feeling because of the on / off
connection to the battery.

2.) ECU (Electronic Control Unit) or better known as the computer. Get a friends
ECU from the same model and year and swap for testing purposes and see if
it goes away. If the situation corrects its self then you will have found your
problem however this is more of the unlikely of the two.

Let me know if this works....I would be interested!!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
In addition to possible loose or corroded battery terminals, check your main fuse box for corrosion. Don't forget to use a little silicone grease on your connections.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
side stand switch??

·
Registered
156 Posts
ive had te same problem for a while now guys told me to check the air filter the tps my idle none of these things were the cause? if i were to clean my injectors how would i go about doing that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i know this sounds stupid but i went 2 months chasing the same demon!!! i changed everything and come to find out the springs on my kickstand were wore out causing the switch to move under ahrd acceleration..check it out!!! hope this helps

·
Registered
673 Posts
TweakerN2o said:
I have a 02' 1000 w/ 21k miles on it. Whenever i accelerate hard, i get a complete fuel cut-off or ignition kill. I dont know if its mechanical or electrical. I've been trying to diagnose this for about a week. My Fi light comes on but doesnt give me any error codes when i use the paper clip. I've tried switching tanks and fuel pump, disconnecting the exhaust servo cables, checking every electrical connection i can think of, adjusting the throttle position sensor, checking all coil overs, removing the secondary butterflies in the throttle bodies....
.... Nothing seems to make any difference to fix the problem. I of course changed everything back after realizing that they werent helping the problem any. I was thinking maybe the fuel injectors might need cleaning or something.
Anyone else have a similar problem????? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Check your TO (Tip over) sensor.

·
Registered
2011 Suzuki GSX-R 750
1 Posts
ever find out the problem? I have a 2011 750cc and I’ve been trying to figure this out for 1-2 MONTHS!!!!!

·
Likes to race old junk.
2,535 Posts
ever find out the problem? I have a 2011 750cc and I’ve been trying to figure this out for 1-2 MONTHS!!!!!
You are replying to a 15yr old thread...you will have better results if you start your own thread, in the correct section for your model...provide specific details about your issues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts