Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, check out the encounter I had earlier today...

Does that dude look *unhappy* or what?

It turns out, I just happened to wander into a place where only military people were allowed to go... I never saw the sign, there wasn't any sorta gate or barrier, and the MPs didn't cite me or anything, just wanted my DL to make a record of who it was they had to chase off... so I snapped his pic while he was putting my name in his booklet... is that expression on his face priceless or what? LOL

[ 04-29-2002, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: FastCat ]

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Jayson:
took 2 mp cars to stop you? hehe musta been the very wrong place to wander
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Oh, but wait, there's more...

I had a "to do list" in the map-pocket of the tankbag, and one of the items listed was "buy shotgun shells" and so the guy asks me if I bought them yet... "Yep, got all my errands done already"
I happily announced. "Got `em with you?" He asks. Realization dawns...
"Absolutely not." I reply. LOL I can just see it now... yeah, I got the shells in here, and some det-cord, and some ammonium-nitrate... *right* ...like I'd even know what to do with any of it... a solid-fuel booster for the gixxer maybe?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi Fastcat!

This is what the Austrian Army would have done:

A salute to you and your fine motorcycle. We would have drafted you as a runner for urgent messages.

Greetz
Lemmy69

·
Registered
221 Posts
LOL
That is funny stuff. Unfortunately for me all the constabulary around here acts like that!My nirghbors call in the National Guard everytime I fire up my 86 and let that sidewinder purr.

COPS

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Ooops..............you should be careful where you ride over there.......not a hope of accidently running into a military area over here in this tiny place !! just loads of speed cameras and sneaky police waiting to catch you for 1mph over the speed limit .................doh.

I am surprised that he let you take a picture though

Andy

·
3,476 Posts
LOL.....did the guy say anything after taking his picture?? That is definitely one for the scrapbook

·
Registered
418 Posts
LOL!!
That is a classic pic!! I think that if you were in a place you really shouldn't have been they probably would have lit you up...Did you get the classic "I don't ever want to see you around here again"???

·
Registered
219 Posts
That's a good one for sure FastCat, that must've been the scenic route, and you got your bike in it too! It's even better that he let you go, he doesn't look like the type that would.

Lemmy69, what song is that guy playing?

[ 05-01-2002, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: 88/750 ]

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Ragnar:
LOL.....did the guy say anything after taking his picture?? That is definitely one for the scrapbook
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL well, when he took my license to make his notes with, I asked: "do you mind if I snap some pics before I go?" and he told me that would be OK... I didn't make it clear that I was going to take pics of HIM... and he wasn't really as rude as that pic makes him look... I walked away about 15' and turned around and pointed the camera at him, andwaited for him to look up... he did, then scowled, and that's when I snapped the pic.
It was just a beach area where they practice landings sometimes, and I think they chased us off because they didn't want us to come back there during an exercise... not like we were anywhere *near* any sort of "secrets" or anything.

·
Registered
308 Posts
hehe. The same thing happened to my dad and his mate last year in scotland.

they were riding down this road in the middle of nowere, they got off there bikes to stop for a rest. Then about 10 soilders appead, must have been well cammo'd up as me dad didn't see them.

they got asked what they were up to, if they had taken any photos of the area and told to turn round immidiatly and bugger off.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Was that look on his face Before or After the full body cavitity search?
Bones

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Originally posted by Andy James:
Ooops..............you should be careful where you ride over there.......not a hope of accidently running into a military area over here in this tiny place !! just loads of speed cameras and sneaky police waiting to catch you for 1mph over the speed limit .................doh.

I am surprised that he let you take a picture though

Andy
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Andy, do you folks play that 'paintball' game over there? I don't myself, but the personal weaponry would make truly excellent anti-GATSO equipment. Do love the shots in PB of the guys ripping them down. Good luck on keeping the UK out of the hands of the traffic Gestapo!

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
an MP?...Where was that? Ft. Lewis has no water, he's not Navy or Air Force...or Coast Guard...

Is that Whidbey behind him or are you on Whidbey and that's the Olympics?

My inlaws are in Mukilteo and Woodinville so I get out there a few times a year and I was at Madigan back in '83-86.

You're looking west-ish, maybe north west given the shadows...

oh wait..Dupont-Stellacoom road is near the water. Were you on your way to take those shotgun shells to the prison via the ferry?

You're lucky they were MP's, most of them can't spell MP.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Simon Orttan:

oh wait..Dupont-Stellacoom road is near the water. Were you on your way to take those shotgun shells to the prison via the ferry?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">...or on my way back from having delivered them... I'll never tell...
Yeah, we were in Steillacom (sp?) There's *so* many scenic vistas up here that it's not even funny... I *love* living here. yeah, I-5 traffic sucks, but get on the peninsula side of the Tacoma Narrows bridge, and it's like a different world. Take a look at my website and see if you can identify any of those pic locations... I've also got a "secret test facility" up on the peninsula... it's in protected forest, so no logging trucks to worry about, and I think there are a total of about 5 people who live in a 10-mile radius... lots of twisties and a few long straightaways... and the gravel from winter months is *almost* completely gone from the roadway now... If ya get to the Tacoma area, let me know, I'll show you the best pizza this side of the Mississippi and if you're *really* nice to me, maybe even take you to the secret test facility.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts