Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a few days (12th) it is my birthday, but yesterday i was totally surprised by my parents, they have bought for my birthday an 04 gsx-r 600!!!

here it is:

man i am SO happy

greetings from the netherlands!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wow, they bought it for your birthday?

How about a pool on when it goes down. I'm thinking 15 days or less

Nah man i'm just jealous.....congrats on the new bike.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Wow! That is some birthday present! Congrats!

My parents bought me my first bike when I was 12. Not for my birthday either. It was a total surprise as I had never dreamed of having a motorbike. It was a little 50 Suzuki. Great bike and it would'nt die.

I bought my daughter 4 bikes in her teens. The last being a brand new 250 Marauder. It gave me a lot of satisfaction even if she never really appreciated it. Kids!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
don't know your riding history, but just be careful because it could very easily be the worst summer of your live, or the last

with that depressing statement said, congradulations, thats awesome, my parents haven't actually bought me a bike but they have let me borrow money to buy all but my first one, nothing shameful about having cool ass parents so if anyone tries to make fun of you for mommy and daddy buying it don't let it bother you

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thats freaking awesome man! Congrats! Pretty cool of ur 'rents to do that! My parents fought me for so many years before they allowed me to buy a bike. On top of that I worked so hard to pay for everything myself. They said they wouldn't have anything to do with my "death mobile" haha. But come on....its a gixxer! I had to....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congrats man.... As stated above be careful, and dont think just cause its a 600 you can push it. Theres a reason why insurance is soo expensive for young people like most of us....
Anyway get your parents to adopt me. They wont even lend me money for anything to do with my bikes even though my dad has ridden his whole life!!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
GiXxEr6OO said:
Thats freaking awesome man! Congrats! Pretty cool of ur 'rents to do that! My parents fought me for so many years before they allowed me to buy a bike. On top of that I worked so hard to pay for everything myself. They said they wouldn't have anything to do with my "death mobile" haha. But come on....its a gixxer! I had to....
European countries, in general, have a more open-minded view of motorcycling as a 'legitimate' hobby. My parents like many others seem to view these sport-oriented machines as "death traps". I say they don't know what they've missed out on!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Love her.... charish her....respect her ... and in the morning you find out she is too much for you in the long run!
send her.... to me in Chicago
P/M me for my address!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Del La Sol said:
don't know your riding history, but just be careful because it could very easily be the worst summer of your live, or the last

with that depressing statement said, congradulations, thats awesome, my parents haven't actually bought me a bike but they have let me borrow money to buy all but my first one, nothing shameful about having cool ass parents so if anyone tries to make fun of you for mommy and daddy buying it don't let it bother you
I agree with this mainly cause your parents will feel responsible if you ride like a nutcase and hurt yourself,,,or worse. My 600 is my first bike, and I'm glad I was sensible enough to gradually take it step by step. I couldnt believe the pull this bike has, and now I'm used to the pull, but still careful to the point of respecting it, cause one wrong move, and its over.

My mother is the one who freaked out, and now 1 year later, she still worries to death. IF this is your first bike, give yourself ALOT of practice. If my mother knew how I ride, she would flip.

Congraduations on the new bike, your going to love it. Just be careful.

·
Registered
850 Posts
How old are you going to be? A month after my 18th b-day my mom co-signed for a loan that i used to buy my 04 yellow gixxer but i pay for everything, i'm a full time student working around 30 hours a week to pay for mine but hopefully this summer will be awesome bc im graduating and i havent got to ride mine very much bc of winter. u have some nice parents

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks all!!

And i know that it is a very extreme and fast bike (dangerous) im not a wild idiot who thinks he can do it all.

I know it isnt the same but i've ridden two years on a moped with 4 gears(so i have also allready some shift experiance)But i know the dangers that are out there (people in cars dont give shit about you) etc.

Anyway the bike will be set to 25kw for 2 years (a law in the netherlands) so it is a little bit better to begin with!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BeeSting said:
Del La Sol said:

I agree with this mainly cause your parents will feel responsible if you ride like a nutcase and hurt yourself,,,or worse. My 600 is my first bike, and I'm glad I was sensible enough to gradually take it step by step. I couldnt believe the pull this bike has, and now I'm used to the pull, but still careful to the point of respecting it, cause one wrong move, and its over.

My mother is the one who freaked out, and now 1 year later, she still worries to death. IF this is your first bike, give yourself ALOT of practice. If my mother knew how I ride, she would flip.

Congraduations on the new bike, your going to love it. Just be careful.
Thanks, and my mom is also worried, my dad has a Hayabusa and if he's out riding she is always worried ( but we know that is because she cares for us ) she is now taking driving lessons and will soon also go out riding.

And i sure will take it easy!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts